Elmiria Jane (Jobe) Mangum--b. abt 1841 Iowa
--d. AFTER 1880 probably Massac Co., Illinois
--m. Howell Y. MANGUM
--April 4, 1864 Johnson Co., Illinois
----b. December 3, 1838 Johnson Co., Illinois
----d. AFTER 1880 probably Massac Co., Illinois
------s/o Henry L. Mangum and Elizabeth BARNETT
--------gs/o Robert Fields Barnett and (Native American)
* * * * *
My Websites for Mary
- Job(e) Legacy - Gedcom on Rootsweb World Connect
Descendants of Andrew Job Jr
JOBE, Samuel 1818 (32) Ark (m) Farmer , Susanna S 1820 (30) KY (f) , Mary E 1838 (12) IL (f) -went by the name of Emma , Almira J 1840 (10) Iowa f) -should be Elmira Jane , Abram J 1847 (03) IL (m)*I transcribed her name as Almira J (but should be Elmira Jane) - she is age 10 - listed with her parents.
JOBE, SAMUEL 1818 AR (42) farmer , Susan 1810 ILL (40) , Elmira 1841 Iowa (19) , Abram 1848 ILL (12) , William 1850 ILL (10)
Howell Y. Mangum - per military record at the National Archives:
- He served Civil War, Union, Company D, 31st Illinois Infantry.
- He joined for duty and enrolled 22 Aug 1861 at Vienna, Illinois.
- He mustered in 18 Sep 1861 at Cairo, Illinois.
- He was promoted to 3rd Sergeant, 12 Oct 1862.
- He was in hospital at Memphis, Tennessee, parts of the months of May and Jun 1863. He was suffering from wounds.
- He re-enlisted 5 Jan 1864 at Camp Black River, Black River, Mississippi.
- He was also promoted to 2nd Sergeant on that date.
- He was commissioned a 1st Lieutenant by the Governor of Illinois on 23 Feb 1865.
- He applied for a appointment as a regular 1st Lieutenant 18 May 1865 at camp near Alexandria, Virginia. The application was forwarded at Fairfax Station, Virginia, on that date. Brigadier General Charles Ewing, Commanding, approved the promotion 20 May 1865 at camp near Alexandria, Virginia. He was promoted to 1st Lieutenant by general orders 133, 26 May 1865, at Washington DC.
- He was mustered out 19 Jul 1865 at Louisville, Kentucky.
Mangrum, Howel Y., 31 M Sawyer IL Jane, 29 F Keeping House IA Susanah 1 F IL George, 34 M Works at Sawmill IL Lizzie, 18 F Teaching School IL
H. Y. MANGUM Self M Male W 41 IL Physician -- -- E. J. MANGUM Other M Female W 39 IA Keeping House -- -- Susanna J. MANGUM Other S Femal4 Ella E. MANGUM Other S Female W 9 IL W. Y. MANGUM Other S Male W 7 IL S. J. MANGUM Other S Male W 5 IL L. M. MANGUM Other S Female W 2 IL IL IA
If you have any old photos for any descendants of this family, please send to me at
Ann (Jobe) Brown