Notes for Richard H. Williams
Richard H. Williams was educated in the Academies at Aurora and Canandaigua, New York and then at the Scientific Rensselaer School at Troy, N.Y. under its founder, Professor Amos Eaton. Residing in the Town of Middlesex, Yates Co., New York until 1863, he was always a prominent and influential citizen of the county. He and John Spicer were the first commissioners of the county for loaning the U.S. Deposit Fund and continued in office for two terms. They made the entire original investment without the least loss or error. In 1843 he represented the county in the New York Assembly, and in 1845 was elected to the State Senate from the old 7th District. He served two years, his term being cut short by the adoption of the constitution in 1846. He was twice supervisor of the Town of Middlesex, Yates Co., NY. "His life public and private has been one of activity and usefulness, and while independent has never been tainted by selfishness nor corruption."
| HOME | SURNAMES |
This site sponsored by Rootsweb.com
Page built by Gedpage Ver. 2.20 ©2000 on 16 Jun 2002