The first mention of a member of the May clan comes with John W. May born in 1840 , I think in Kentucky. He was my mother's grandfather on her mother's side.
John William May
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN WILLIAM MAY was born September 14, 1840, and died June 11, 1908 in Inola , Kentucky. He married MARGARET BOTTOM May 30, 1865, daughter of TURNER BOTTOM and ELIZABETH CHATHAM. She was born May 17, 1844 in Kentucky, and died January 05, 1883 in Kentucky.
Children of JOHN MAY and MARGARET BOTTOM are:
i. MARY FRANCES (FANNIE) MAY, b. July 15, 1866, Burgen, Kentucky; d. April 12, 1950, Vancouver, WA.
ii. NANCY ELIZABETH MAY, b. September 28, 1868; d. September 14, 1869, Indian, Indiana.
iii. EUGENE MAY, b. January 21, 1870; d. April 19, 1877, Harriisonville, MO
iv. IDA MAY, b. February 26, 1873; d. October 09, 1880.
v. FRANK MAY, b. August 10, 1878; d. December 1950, Harrisonville, MO.
vi. LUCINDA MAY, b. June 25, 1880; d. July 1938, Gredley, CA.
Generation No. 2
2. MARY FRANCES (FANNIE) MAY (JOHN WILLIAM1) was born July 15, 1866 in Burgen, Kentucky, and died April 12, 1950 in Vancouver, WA. She married (1) EDWARD JOHNSON. She married (2) JAMES (JIM) DAVIS March 15, 1890, son of THOMAS DAVIS and JANE (UNKNOWN) DAVIS. He was born April 29, 1858 in Wales, and died January 14, 1908 in Hood River, Oregon.
Burial: April 1950, Parkhill Cemetery, Vancouver, WA
Children of MARY MAY and JAMES DAVIS are:
i. GENEVA DAVIS, b. May 17, 1900, Harrisburg, MO; d. January 20, 1983, Lincoln City, OR.
ii. MARGARET DAVIS, b. June 12, 1891, Milo CO. Vernon, MO; m.
iii. NETTIE DAVIS, b. October 08, 1892, Milo Co. Nevada MO.
Generation No. 3
3. GENEVA DAVIS (MARY FRANCES (FANNIE)2 MAY, JOHN WILLIAM1) was born
May 17, 1900 in Harrisburg, MO, and died January 20, 1983 in Lincoln City, OR. She married JOHN THEODORE CONDIT November 04, 1929 in Vancouver, WA at the Condit Family Home, son of ALVA CONDIT and CORA BUCKMAN. He was born July 27, 1902 in Canby, Or, and died April 18, 1981 in Lincoln City, Or.
More on Geneva Davis:
Burial: January 1983, Old City Cemetery, Vancouver, WA
More on John Condit:
Burial: April 1981, Old City Cemetery, Vancouver, WA
Children of GENEVA DAVIS and JOHN CONDIT are:
i. BETTY LOUISE CONDIT, b. May 17, 1931, Portland, OR.
ii. ALVA EDWARD CONDIT, b. June 07, 1933, Portland, OR; d. April 29, 1934, Portland, Or.
More About ALVA EDWARD CONDIT:
Cause of Death: pneumonia
Medical Information: Caused by an inherited gland in his throat. It usually dissolves when infant is a few weeks old. His did not and he couldn't breathe. It happens every few generations.
4. NETTIE DAVIS (MARY FRANCES (FANNIE)2 MAY, JOHN WILLIAM1) was born October 08, 1892 in Milo Co. Nevada MO. She married FRANK MORRISON.
Children of NETTIE DAVIS and FRANK MORRISON are:
i. NORMAN MORRISON.
ii. ESTELLA MAE MORRISON.
iii. MARGARET MORRISON.
Generation No. 4
5. BETTY LOUISE CONDIT (GENEVA DAVIS3, MARY FRANCES (FANNIE)2 MAY, JOHN WILLIAM1) was born May 17, 1931 in Portland, OR. She married DICK DOLLAR June 11, 1949 in Vancouver, Wa, son of SMITH DOLLAR and RUTH COOPER. He was born May 23, 1925 in Battle Ground, WA, and died October 18, 1987 in Lincoln City, OR.
Information: Cancer surgery, Sept 1997
More About DICK DOLLAR:
Burial: October 1987, D-River Wayside
Children of BETTY CONDIT and DICK DOLLAR are:
i. KATHRYN JEANINE DOLLAR
ii. THOMAS RANDALL DOLLAR
iii. MICHELE RENEE DOLLAR
Last modified on Monday, April 10, 2006