Willard Murray Beekman
Grandpa Beekman was a contracting painter and he loved to talk. We were driving into town one day from the west side of Portsmouth, and he pointed out a very tall steeple of the Catholic Church in town and told me that he painted that steeple once, a very daring accomplishment. He also loved to raise flowers, especially dahlias. He had his whole back yard in dahlias once and they were the tallest dahlias I had ever seen. He was very proud of his flowers. He also had a small fish pond in the back yard built from stones and when we were young, my brother and I used to sit there and watch the huge coy swimming in the pond.
Children of WILLARD BEEKMAN and KATHARINE EDITH RUGGLES are:
1. ELIZABETH MARGUERITE BEEKMAN, Private.
2. WILLARD LAWRENCE BEEKMAN, b. January 29, 1913, Portsmouth, Ohio; d. April 28, 1993; St. Cloud, Florida; m. VIRGINIA ARTHUR.
3. RUTH KATHARINE BEEKMAN, b. May 09, 1914, Ohio; d. March 17, 1991; St. Cloud, Florida.
4. MARTHA ELOISE BEEKMAN, b. April 17, 1916; d. March 20, 1998; Springboro, Ohio.
5. WILMA JEAN BEEKMAN, Private.
6. DORIS LEAH BEEKMAN, Private.
7. WILLIAM CALL BEEKMAN, Private.
8. FLORENCE MARIE BEEKMAN, Private.
9. NANCY LOU BEEKMAN, Private.
10. JAMES LOYD BEEKMAN, Private.
Note to All My Relations: The information is as accurate as I can determine; however, if you have any information that may be different or if there are any errors, please email me at email@example.com. If you are relying on the Family History information in the Reunion for The Children of Willard Murray Beekman and Katharine Edith Ruggles, dated May 28, 1988, I was the one that edited that Family History and the information on page 4 is inaccurate. I have tried to correct that information here.