James (Jim) Wilfred Burgoyne
Jim was born at Tanners Green Farm, Tanworth-in-Arden, Warwickshire, the fourth child of Wilfred and Alice, he had five sisters and one younger brother.
His first school was Claverdon while his father farmed Kington Grange Farm, the family then moved to Valentines Farm, Hockley Heath, he started at Salter Street School, Earlswood on the 1st of April 1919 and left 7th of September 1920 to go to Solihull Grammer School. He enjoyed singing as a choirboy and later as a male tenor in classical ballads.
Apprenticed to the "Austin Motor Company", he then took up Motorcycle Speedway racing. He built up a retail milk round with produce from his father and brother based at Valentines Farm.
In 1934 he married Mary Curtis a daughter of the Knowle Bakery
family. He then took the tenancy of "Old Farm, Lilley Green, Beoley,
Alvechurch, Worcestershire. Continued mixed farming until 1947.
Jim then ran with Mary a printing and stationery business in Wolverhampton. He was then able to pursue motor sport hobby, He owned and raced a 500cc Kieft racing car. Taking part in circuit racing and hill climb trials and qualifying to become a member of "B.R.D.C." the "British Racing Drivers Club".
In 1958 he decided to to return to farming with his family and purchased "Great Pinley Farm".
Homes of Jim's family have been Old (or Hole) Farm, Beoley., at Pattingham, Wolverhampton., Dorridge Croft, Arden Rd, Dorridge., and Great Pinley Farm, Nr Claverdon, Warwickshire.