John (Jean/Jan Bodin) Bodine - Mary (Maria) Crocheron
Husband: John (Jean/Jan Bodin) Bodine
Born: 1645 (May 9?) near Bethune, France (prob Richebourg) 1
Died: early 1695 on Staten Island, NY 2
Father: Jean Bodin (____ - ____)
Other spouse 2
Wife: Mary (Maria) Crocheron
Married: Jan 11 1680 in Midwout, Flatbush, NY 3
Born: abt 1660 near Lille, France 4
Died: bef prob 1694 on Staten Island, NY 5
Father: Jean Crocheron ( - 1696)
Mother: Mary (Maria) __________
M Child 1: John Bodine
Born: abt 1681 in Richmond Co., Staten Island, NY
Died: poss 1745
Wife: Mary __________
M Child 2: Isaac Bodine
Born: abt 1682 in Richmond Co., Staten Island, NY 6
Died: Jul 1752 in Somerset Co., NJ 7
Wife: Cataleyn __________
Married: abt 1722
Wife: Jannetje (Engeltje, Annetie) Maurits
M Child 3: Jacob (J. Jacob?) Bodine
Born: abt 1684 in Richmond Co., Staten Island, NY
Died: abt 1765 in Hunterdon Co., or Somerset, NJ
Wife: Elizabeth Sebring b. bef Jun 8 1687 d. aft Apr 1752
Married: abt 1710
F Child 4: Sarah Berdine / Bodine
Born: abt 1687 in Richmond Co., Staten Island, NY
Died: bef Sep 13 1712 in Somerset Co., NJ 8
Husband: John (Jan Jansen) Van Meter b. Apr 17 1678 d. Aug 13 1745
Married: abt 1705 in Somerset Co., NJ
F Child 5: Catherine (Catalina) Bodine
Born: abt 1688 in Richmond Co., Staten Island, NY
Died: 1725 9
Husband: Henry (Henerick Mulliner) Miller b. bef Apr 24 1681 d. bef Mar 4 1719
Husband: Isaac Van Meter
M Child 6: Peter Bodine
Born: abt 1690 in Richmond Co., Staten Island, NY
Died: aft Aug 1749 in Middlesex Co., NJ? 10
Wife: Mary (Maretje) Peterson Van Nest b. Jun 1 1678 d. aft Mar __ 1732
Married: abt 1710
Wife: Margrita __________
M Child 7: Abraham Bodine
Born: abt 1692 in Richmond Co., Staten Island, NY
Died: aft 1753 in prob Somerset Co., NJ
Wife: Adriaentje (Jantien) Jansen / Johnson b. bef Apr 20 1704 d. ____
Married: abt 1723 11,12
(3) "NYGBR," v. 111 (1980), n. 1, p. 35. And "Year Book of the Holland Society NY" 1898, p. 88. These are abstracts of
originals, now lost, that came from the Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of Flatbush, New
(4) Place - betrothal record. Date - NYGBR, v. 111 (1980), p. 31 (Crocherons).
(5) Date based on her brother's will. By 1697 if based on father's death. Based on papers related to her father's death, she
had probably died by 1697.
(6) LDS had him born on March 5, 1680, probably in Rye, Sussex, England (???). I'm not sure where they got that.
(7) Estate Administration (NJ Archives, Series 1, 32: 34). August 4, 1752.
(8) Date based on a deed signed by Jan Van Meter and second wife, Margaret Miller. This deed was for the purchase of Virgin
Spring, 250 acres in Monmouth Co., NJ Many people give the date of her death as shortly after April 26,
(9) No souce - Information from notes on the Hedges family.
(10) One source says 1751.
(11) Raritan Reformed Dutch Baptismal Records: Jansen, Ouke and wife--Jaentien. Witnesses: Jacob and Maria Sebrige.
(12) LDS also had him married to a Mary (Marytje) Lou about June of 1744. I'm not sure where this info comes from.
Dave's Bodine Genealogy Web Site
Email me with revisions. Pictures under 100 KB (about 6x4) welcome.
Click here to email me.