William Bodine - Mary (Maria) Melsbach / Millspaugh
Husband: William Bodine
Born: 1738 in Walkill/Montgomery, Orange Co., NY 1
Died: bef Jan 12 1802 in Montgomery, Orange Co., NY 2
Father: William (Wilhelm Bodyn) Bodine (1710 - )
Other spouse 2
Wife: Mary (Maria) Melsbach / Millspaugh
Married: Feb 2 1760 in Montgomery, Orange Co., NY 3
Born: Oct 19 1736 in Montgomery, Orange Co., NY 4
Died: abt 1789 5
Father: Phillip (Meltsbach, Melsbach) Millspaugh
Mother: Maria Gertrude (or Slemmer) Stemmer
M Child 1: David Bodine
Born: abt 1758 in New York
Died: aft 1800
Wife: Elizabeth Crist b. abt 1762 d. Sep 5 1825
F Child 2: Susannah Bodine
Born: abt 1761 in prob Orange Co., NY
Baptized: May 7 1761 in Montgomery DRC, Orange Co., NY 4
Died: bef 1818
Husband: William Buchanan b. 1759 d. Jan 27 1842
M Child 3: Francis Bodine
Born: Jul 5 1764 in Montgomery, Orange Co., NY (poss NJ) 6,7,8
Baptized: Aug 12 1764 in Hebron Lutheran, Montgomery, Orange, NY 9
Died: May 21 1849 in Columbia Twp., Hamilton Co., OH 10,7
Buried: in Hopewell Cemetery in Montgomery, OH
Wife: Hannah (Millard) Miller b. Nov 13 1770 d. Oct 10 1838
Married: Mar 29 1789 in Montgomery, Orange Co., NY 11
M Child 4: James Bodine
Born: bef Apr 30 1768 in prob Montgomery, Orange Co., NY 4
Baptized: Apr 30 1768 in Montgomery DRC, Orange Co., NY 4
Wife: Dolly Duryea d. ____
Married: abt 1810
M Child 5: Benjamin Bodine
Born: Oct 9 1773 in Montgomery, Orange Co., NY 12,13
Baptized: Oct 9 1773 14
Died: Jun 7 1849 in Crawford, Orange Co., NY 15,16
Buried: in Brick (German) Reformed Church Cem., Montgomery, Orange Co., NY 17
Wife: Susannah Kimbark b. Mar 2 1776 d. Jan 14 1862
Married: Dec 13 1796 in DRC in Shawangunk, Ulster Co., NY 18
F Child 6: Catherine Bodine
Born: abt 1775 in Montgomery, Orange Co., NY
Husband: _____ Davis
F Child 7: Mary Bodine
Born: abt 1779 in prob Orange Co., NY
Baptized: Jul 4 1779 in Montgomery DRC, Orange Co., NY 4
Husband: Isaac P. Millspaugh b. abt 1779 d. bef Feb 5 1803
Married: Feb 4 1802 in Shawangunk DRC, Ulster Co., NY 19
M Child 8: John Bodine
Born: abt 1781
Baptized: Oct 20 1781 in Montgomery, Orange Co., NY 4
Died: bef Jan 12 1802 in prob Orange Co., NY 20
(1) He was listed as age 20 in the Militia of 1758.
(2) His will was written 1/25/1801 & prob. 1/12/1802 (Orange Co., NY, Lib B, 297).
(3) This place is based on where his will was written and probated.
(4) Brick Reformed Church, Montgomery, Orange Co., NY, Mrs. Jean D. Worden, 1982. Baptisms 1734-1840. Marriages 1734-1849. A
published and indexed record.
(5) The Millspaugh Family in America, 1969 and supplement 1980, F. C. Millspaugh and his daughter Ann Millspaugh Huff.
Sauderstown, RI. Being revised in 1996.
(6) Bodine-Burns Family Bible - date. Family Group Record, Donald Robert Roach, Pine Valley, UT. Lawrence Bodine, born
10/26/1881 was Donald's grandfather.
(7) Jacob Snider family Bible - date (Francis Bodine was borne July 5th 1764 and died May 21st 1849, aged 84 years, 10
months and 16 days).
(8) 1880 Census, Rush Co. (Jackson), IN - son William says both parents born NJ.
(9) Hebron Lthrn Chrch of the Wallkill, Ulster Co., now Orange Co., NY 1760-1800. The original of these records is supposed
to be in Crawford House, Newburgh NY but cannot be found. A copying is at the NYGB Society. Chrch disbanded aft
(10) Hamilton Co. OH Burial Records, v. 8 Sycamore Twp. Cemeteries, 1994. Hopewell Cemetery. OGS. edited by Mary H. Remler.
(11) Family Group Record, Donald Robert Roach, Pine Valley, UT. Lawrence Bodine, born 10/26/1881 was Donald's grandfather.
(12) His stone says he was 75 years old at the time of death. October 9, 1773 could be his baptism date.
(13) 1880 Census, Orange Co. (Crawford), NY - son Francis says both parents born NY. In house of Theron Bodine.
(14) According to the Millspaugh book, this could be his birth date.
(15) Vital Records Orange County 1847-1849, Deaths - date and place.
(16) Date is from from church records. One person wrote that it was January 7. New England Families Genealogical and
Memorial, series 3, v. 3 - June 8.
(17) He is buried in Middleton, NY.
(18) Marriage Records, Ref Prot Dutch Church of Shawangunk, NYGBR, v. 87 (1956).
(19) Records of the Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of Shawangunk, Ulster Co., NY, by Mrs. Jean Worden. 1986. Baptisms
1750-1911. Marriages 1751-1910. Memberships 1845-1920. All indexed & includes Brunswyck Rural
(20) He was not mentioned in William Bodine's will.
Dave's Bodine Genealogy Web Site
Email me with revisions. Pictures under 100 KB (about 6x4) welcome.
Click here to email me.