Generation No. 1
1. JOSEPH1 KLINGENSMITH was born 1635 in Leipsig, Germany, and died in PA. He married ELIZABETH REICHART 1659 in Leipsig, Germany. Children of JOSEPH KLINGENSMITH and ELIZABETH REICHART are: i. ELIZABETH2 KLINGENSMITH, b. Abt. 1660. 2. ii. JOSEPH KLINGENSMITH, b. 1662, Leipsig, Germany; d. Abt. 1732, PA. iii. KATHERINE KLINGENSMITH, b. Abt. 1664. iv. ANDREW KLINGENSMITH, b. 1664. v. ADLIER KLINGENSMITH, b. Abt. 1666. vi. MARY KLINGENSMITH, b. Abt. 1668. vii. ANDREW KLINGENSMITH, b. Abt. 1672.
2. JOSEPH2 KLINGENSMITH (JOSEPH1) was born 1662 in Leipsig, Germany, and died Abt. 1732 in PA. He married ?. Children of JOSEPH KLINGENSMITH and ? are: 3. i. GEORGE3 KLINGENSMITH, b. July 16, 1701, PA. ii. MARGARET KLINGENSMITH, b. Abt. 1705. iii. MARGARET KLINGENSMITH, b. 1706. iv. ANDREW KLINGENSMITH, b. Abt. 1707.
3. GEORGE3 KLINGENSMITH (JOSEPH2, JOSEPH1) was born July 16, 1701 in PA. He married ANNA STELTZMIER July 16, 1725 in PA. Child of GEORGE KLINGENSMITH and ANNA STELTZMIER is: 4. i. PETER4 KLINGENSMITH, b. Abt. 1729, PA; d. Abt. 1800, Westmoreland, Co., PA.
4. PETER4 KLINGENSMITH (GEORGE3, JOSEPH2, JOSEPH1) was born Abt. 1729 in PA, and died Abt. 1800 in Westmoreland, Co., PA. He married ELIZABETH MARIA KAUFFER. Children of PETER KLINGENSMITH and ELIZABETH KAUFFER are: 5. i. JOHN DANIEL5 KLINGENSMITH, b. Abt. 1750, Westmoreland, Co., PA; d. 1820, Mercer, PA. ii. JOHAN PETER KLINGENSMITH, b. April 25, 1755. iii. AGNES KLINGENSMITH, b. October 08, 1756. iv. JOHAN PHILLIP KLINGENSMITH, b. October 27, 1757. v. ANNA MARGARETTA KLINGENSMITH, b. 1758. vi. JOHAN GEORGE KLINGENSMITH, b. February 22, 1760. vii. JOHN KLINGENSMITH, b. August 16, 1762. viii. MARY KLINGENSMITH, b. 1763. ix. NICHOLAUS KLINGENSMITH, b. February 24, 1765.
5. JOHN DANIEL5 KLINGENSMITH (PETER4, GEORGE3, JOSEPH2, JOSEPH1) was born Abt. 1750 in Westmoreland, Co., PA, and died 1820 in Mercer, PA. He married ANNA ELIZABETH HOMMER. Children of JOHN KLINGENSMITH and ANNA HOMMER are: 6. i. PETER6 KLINGENSMITH, b. December 02, 1776, Westmoreland, Co., PA; d. February 12, 1842, Mercer, PA. ii. DANIEL KLINGENSMITH, b. March 10, 1779. iii. CATHERINE KLINGENSMITH, b. July 1780. iv. MARIA ELIZABETH KLINGENSMITH, b. May 07, 1784. v. JOHN KLINGENSMITH, b. 1785. Notes for JOHN KLINGENSMITH: Biographical Directory of the American Congress, 1774-1949 Biographies K Page 1421 KLINGENSMITH, John, Jr., a Representative from Pennsylvania; born in Westmoreland County, PA., in 1785; was a resident of Stewartsville; elected sheriff of Westmoreland County in 1828; elected as a Democrat ot the Twenty-fourth and Twenty-Fifth Congresses (March 4, 1835-March 3, 1839); secretary of the land office of Pennsylvania 1839-1842. vi. MARY KLINGENSMITH, b. Abt. 1786. vii. MATALINA KLINGENSMITH, b. August 19, 1788. viii. SOLOMAN KLINGENSMITH, b. May 21, 1791. ix. JOHN ADAM KLINGENSMITH, b. March 03, 1794.
6. PETER6 KLINGENSMITH (JOHN DANIEL5, PETER4, GEORGE3, JOSEPH2, JOSEPH1) was born December 02, 1776 in Westmoreland, Co., PA, and died February 12, 1842 in Mercer, PA. He married CATHERINE SMITH 1798 in Mercer, PA, daughter of ADAM SMITH and HANNAH KRAMER. She was born February 02, 1777 in Westmoreland, Co., PA, and died in Mercer, PA. More About PETER KLINGENSMITH: Burial: 1842, Klingensmith Family Cemetery, Pymatuning Twp. Mercer Co., PA Children of PETER KLINGENSMITH and CATHERINE SMITH are: i. SUSAN7 KLINGENSMITH, b. October 17, 1799. ii. ABRAHAM KLINGENSMITH, b. July 23, 1801. iii. ISAAC KLINGENSMITH, b. July 10, 1803. iv. JACOB KLINGENSMITH, b. February 16, 1805. Notes for JACOB KLINGENSMITH: Jacob Klingensmith is found in the 1850 Census Of Pymatuning Township in the county of Mercer in the state of PA page 111 of census roll 796 as follows: Dwelling Family name age sex profession value of place of # # real estate Birth 40 41 Klingensmith, Jacob 45 M Farmer 3525 PA Klingensmith, Catherine 41 F PA Klingensmith, Sarah Ann 21 F PA continued on page 2...was unable to view v. CATHERINE KLINGENSMITH, b. February 21, 1806, West Salem TWP, Mercer Co., PA; d. January 08, 1868, Union Co., IA. More About CATHERINE KLINGENSMITH: Burial: 1868, Bruning Cemetery, Platte Twp, Union Co., PA vi. ELIZABETH KLINGENSMITH, b. August 22, 1809. vii. PHILLIP KLINGENSMITH, b. December 03, 1810. viii. HANNAH KLINGENSMITH, b. 1812. ix. PETER KLINGENSMITH, b. March 01, 1813. Notes for PETER KLINGENSMITH: don't know if this is the same American Civil War Research Database, Soldiers Name State Served Enlist Date Enlist Rank Enlist Age Enlist Place Army Peter M Klingensmith Pennsylvania 01 July 1863 Priv Union x. ISAJAH KLINGENSMITH, b. December 29, 1815. 7. xi. MARY MAGDELENA KLINGENSMITH, b. November 17, 1817, West Salem TWP, Mercer Co., PA. xii. DANIEL KLINGENSMITH, b. 1819.
7. MARY MAGDELENA7 KLINGENSMITH (PETER6, JOHN DANIEL5, PETER4, GEORGE3, JOSEPH2, JOSEPH1) was born November 17, 1817 in West Salem TWP, Mercer Co., PA. She married JOSEPH LININGER October 1838 in Mercer, PA, son of HENRY LININGER and CATHERINE ?. He was born March 15, 1816 in West Salem TWP, Mercer Co., PA. Notes for JOSEPH LININGER: Joseph Liningar Census of Mercer Co., PA 1850 Roll 796 Page 413 Dwelling Family name age sex profession value of place of # # real estate Birth 2354 2355 Liningar, Joseph 34 M Farmer PA Malaca? 32 F PA Nelson 8 M ?????? 9 F Oston? 7 M Thilana? 5 F Amos 4 M George 1 M Child of MARY KLINGENSMITH and JOSEPH LININGER is: 8. i. AMOS B.8 LININGER, b. March 31, 1847, Mercer, PA; d. February 24, 1894, Atchison Co., MO.
8. AMOS B.8 LININGER (MARY MAGDELENA7 KLINGENSMITH, PETER6, JOHN DANIEL5, PETER4, GEORGE3, JOSEPH2, JOSEPH1) was born March 31, 1847 in Mercer, PA, and died February 24, 1894 in Atchison Co., MO. He married LYDIA SEYMOUR Abt. 1878 in Mercer, PA, daughter of LEANDER SEYMOUR and ELIZABETH BECK. She was born July 18, 1856 in Atchison Co., MO, and died April 13, 1929 in Atchison Co., MO. Notes for AMOS B. LININGER: The History of Atchison and Holt Counties, Missouri, St. Joseph Steam Printing Company Printers, Binders, Etc. 1882, page 743, Clark Township. AMOS LININGER Amos LININGER was born on the 31st of march, 1847, and is a native of Mercer County, Pennsylvania. His parents, Joseph Lininger and wife, were also born in Pennsylvania. The subject of this narrative grew to manhood on a farm in his native county, and attended for some time the common schools. In 1867, he came west, and for a period was located in Wisconsin and Iowa. For about eighteen months he was in Fillmore, Andrew County, Missouri, engaged in working at the blacksmith trade, after which he returned to Pennsylvania. In 1872, he again came to Missouri, and for one summer followed his trade in Milton, going from there to Rock Port in November 1872. He was occupied in his chosen calling until March 1874, when he moved to his farm in Clark Township. In the spring following he moved to his present place, which consists of 160 acres if land, all fenced, with eighty acres improved, and an orchard of 200 apple, 100 peach and other fruit tree. He resides on section 23, township 64, range 40. Mr. Lininger was married in Atchison County, Missouri, March 3, 1874 to Miss Lydia Seymour, daughter of Leander and Lizzie Seymour. She was born in this county July 8, 1856. Mr. and Mrs. L. have two children; Ellmer, born April 1, 1876 and Jesse Lee born August 27, 1877. Mr. Lininger makes a specialty of handling and feeding stock. More About AMOS B. LININGER: Burial: February 1894, Pleasant Ridge Cemetery, Atchison Co., MO More About LYDIA SEYMOUR: Burial: April 1929, Pleasant Ridge Cemetery, Atchison Co., MO Children of AMOS LININGER and LYDIA SEYMOUR are: i. ELMER9 LININGER, b. April 01, 1876; d. 1927; m. NELLIE IDA ADAMS, February 06, 1902, Coming, MO. More About ELMER LININGER: Burial: 1927, Home Cemetery, Tarkio, Atchison Co., MO ii. AUSKER LININGER, b. July 31, 1879, Fairfax, Atchison Co., MO; d. August 16, 1880, Fairfax, Atchison Co., MO. More About AUSKER LININGER: Burial: August 1880, Pleasant Ridge Cemetery, Atchison Co., MO iii. DONALD LININGER, b. Abt. 1881, Fairfax, Atchison Co., MO; m. VIRGINIA HOPE ERWIN. 9. iv. ORTELL LININGER, b. May 28, 1885, Fairfax, Atchison Co., MO.
9. ORTELL9 LININGER (AMOS B.8, MARY MAGDELENA7 KLINGENSMITH, PETER6, JOHN DANIEL5, PETER4, GEORGE3, JOSEPH2, JOSEPH1) was born May 28, 1885 in Fairfax, Atchison Co., MO. He married EDNA GRACE PRETTYMAN1 July 12, 1905 in Rockport, Atchison Co., MO, daughter of GEORGE PRETTYMAN and EMMA DESILVA. She was born February 19, 1886 in Fairfax, Atchison Co., MO. Child of ORTELL LININGER and EDNA PRETTYMAN is: 10. i. KENNETH DOYLE10 LININGER, b. August 05, 1910, Kansas City, MO; d. February 15, 1978, Joshua Tree, San Bernardino Co., CA.
10. KENNETH DOYLE10 LININGER (ORTELL9, AMOS B.8, MARY MAGDELENA7 KLINGENSMITH, PETER6, JOHN DANIEL5, PETER4, GEORGE3, JOSEPH2, JOSEPH1) was born August 05, 1910 in Kansas City, MO, and died February 15, 1978 in Joshua Tree, San Bernardino Co., CA. He married WILHELMENA "BILLIE" WILLIAMS March 03, 1934 in Marysville, KS, daughter of JOHN TYREE (AKA John Terrill Williams) and MAGGIE HUNDLEY. She was born March 14, 1915 in St. Joseph, MO, and died March 01, 1971 in San Bernardino, CA. More About WILHELMENA "BILLIE" WILLIAMS: Burial: March 1971, Mountain View Urn Garden Cause of Death: Cancer Cremation: March 1971 Occupation: Secretary, General Telephone Co. Child of KENNETH LININGER and WILHELMENA WILLIAMS is: i. ANNE TYREE11 LININGER, b. March 11, 1935, St. Joseph, MO; m. RONALD NEAL JOHNSON; b. August 02, 1936, Moline, IL. Endnotes 1. IGI 7825502.