Generation No. 1
1. HENRY1 LININGER was born 1776 in VA. He married CATHERINE ? 1802 in VA. Children of HENRY LININGER and CATHERINE ? are: i. DANIEL2 LININGER, b. April 02, 1802. 2. ii. JOSEPH LININGER, b. March 15, 1816, West Salem TWP, Mercer Co., PA. iii. DAVID LININGER, b. 1818. Notes for DAVID LININGER: David Lininger census of 1850 West Salem Twp. Mercer Co., PA Roll 796 page 417 Dwelling Family name age sex profession value of place of # # real estate Birth 2078 2419 David Liningar 35 M Farmer 800 PA Elizabeth Liningar 34 F OH Lorinda 10 F PA Jac? 8 M PA Monrow 5 M PA Samuel? 4 M PA Sarah 6/12 F PA iv. JACOB LININGER, b. 1824.
2. JOSEPH2 LININGER (HENRY1) was born March 15, 1816 in West Salem TWP, Mercer Co., PA. He married MARY MAGDELENA KLINGENSMITH October 1838 in Mercer, PA, daughter of PETER KLINGENSMITH and CATHERINE SMITH. She was born November 17, 1817 in West Salem TWP, Mercer Co., PA. Notes for JOSEPH LININGER: Joseph Liningar Census of Mercer Co., PA 1850 Roll 796 Page 413 Dwelling Family name age sex profession value of place of # # real estate Birth 2354 2355 Liningar, Joseph 34 M Farmer PA Malaca? 32 F PA Nelson 8 M ?????? 9 F Oston? 7 M Thilana? 5 F Amos 4 M George 1 M Child of JOSEPH LININGER and MARY KLINGENSMITH is: 3. i. AMOS B.3 LININGER, b. March 31, 1847, Mercer, PA; d. February 24, 1894, Atchison Co., MO.
3. AMOS B.3 LININGER (JOSEPH2, HENRY1) was born March 31, 1847 in Mercer, PA, and died February 24, 1894 in Atchison Co., MO. He married LYDIA SEYMOUR Abt. 1878 in Mercer, PA, daughter of LEANDER SEYMOUR and ELIZABETH BECK. She was born July 18, 1856 in Atchison Co., MO, and died April 13, 1929 in Atchison Co., MO. Notes for AMOS B. LININGER: The History of Atchison and Holt Counties, Missouri, St. Joseph Steam Printing Company Printers, Binders, Etc. 1882, page 743, Clark Township. AMOS LININGER Amos LININGER was born on the 31st of march, 1847, and is a native of Mercer County, Pennsylvania. His parents, Joseph Lininger and wife, were also born in Pennsylvania. The subject of this narrative grew to manhood on a farm in his native county, and attended for some time the common schools. In 1867, he came west, and for a period was located in Wisconsin and Iowa. For about eighteen months he was in Fillmore, Andrew County, Missouri, engaged in working at the blacksmith trade, after which he returned to Pennsylvania. In 1872, he again came to Missouri, and for one summer followed his trade in Milton, going from there to Rock Port in November 1872. He was occupied in his chosen calling until March 1874, when he moved to his farm in Clark Township. In the spring following he moved to his present place, which consists of 160 acres if land, all fenced, with eighty acres improved, and an orchard of 200 apple, 100 peach and other fruit tree. He resides on section 23, township 64, range 40. Mr. Lininger was married in Atchison County, Missouri, March 3, 1874 to Miss Lydia Seymour, daughter of Leander and Lizzie Seymour. She was born in this county July 8, 1856. Mr. and Mrs. L. have two children; Ellmer, born April 1, 1876 and Jesse Lee born August 27, 1877. Mr. Lininger makes a specialty of handling and feeding stock. More About AMOS B. LININGER: Burial: February 1894, Pleasant Ridge Cemetery, Atchison Co., MO More About LYDIA SEYMOUR: Burial: April 1929, Pleasant Ridge Cemetery, Atchison Co., MO Children of AMOS LININGER and LYDIA SEYMOUR are: i. ELMER4 LININGER, b. April 01, 1876; d. 1927; m. NELLIE IDA ADAMS, February 06, 1902, Coming, MO. More About ELMER LININGER: Burial: 1927, Home Cemetery, Tarkio, Atchison Co., MO ii. AUSKER LININGER, b. July 31, 1879, Fairfax, Atchison Co., MO; d. August 16, 1880, Fairfax, Atchison Co., MO. More About AUSKER LININGER: Burial: August 1880, Pleasant Ridge Cemetery, Atchison Co., MO iii. DONALD LININGER, b. Abt. 1881, Fairfax, Atchison Co., MO; m. VIRGINIA HOPE ERWIN. 4. iv. ORTELL LININGER, b. May 28, 1885, Fairfax, Atchison Co., MO.
4. ORTELL4 LININGER (AMOS B.3, JOSEPH2, HENRY1) was born May 28, 1885 in Fairfax, Atchison Co., MO. He married EDNA GRACE PRETTYMAN1 July 12, 1905 in Rockport, Atchison Co., MO, daughter of GEORGE PRETTYMAN and EMMA DESILVA. She was born February 19, 1886 in Fairfax, Atchison Co., MO. Child of ORTELL LININGER and EDNA PRETTYMAN is: 5. i. KENNETH DOYLE5 LININGER, b. August 05, 1910, Kansas City, MO; d. February 15, 1978, Joshua Tree, San Bernardino Co., CA.
5. KENNETH DOYLE5 LININGER (ORTELL4, AMOS B.3, JOSEPH2, HENRY1) was born August 05, 1910 in Kansas City, MO, and died February 15, 1978 in Joshua Tree, San Bernardino Co., CA. He married WILHELMENA "BILLIE" WILLIAMS March 03, 1934 in Marysville, KS, daughter of JOHN TYREE (AKA John Terrill Williams) and MAGGIE HUNDLEY. She was born March 14, 1915 in St. Joseph, MO, and died March 01, 1971 in San Bernardino, CA. More About WILHELMENA "BILLIE" WILLIAMS: Burial: March 1971, Mountain View Urn Garden Cause of Death: Cancer Cremation: March 1971 Occupation: Secretary, General Telephone Co. Child of KENNETH LININGER and WILHELMENA WILLIAMS is: i. ANNE TYREE6 LININGER, b. March 11, 1935, St. Joseph, MO; m. RONALD NEAL JOHNSON; b. August 02, 1936, Moline, IL. Endnotes 1. IGI 7825502.