HAVE YOU SEEN THIS bronze
Bronze plaque, about 48” high by 30” wide, dedicated by the UCV on June
on the exterior wall just to the left of the main entrance of the
Jefferson Davis Hospital, 1101 Elder St., in Houston, Texas
which was dedicated by the UDC on December 2, 1924,
on the site of the five-acre City Cemetery that was in use from 1840
WHERE IS THIS PLAQUE NOW????
DEDICATED BY THE
ALBERT SIDNEY JOHNSTON CAMP
SONS OF CONFEDERATE VETERANS
NORMAN H. BEARD
DECEMBER 2ND 1924
IN LOVING MEMORY OF OUR CONFEDERATE SOLDIERS,
WHOSE SACRED DUST LIES BURIED IN THE SHADOW
OF THIS BUILDING. THE GREAT SOUL OF THE SOUTH
CAN NEVER FORGET HER HEROES SO LONG AS LIBERTY, HONOR
AND LOVE OF COUNTRY AND THE HEROIC
DEEDS OF THE BRAVE AND GOOD ARE CHERISHED
AS VIRTUES, AND SO LONG WILL THEIR NAMES LIVE
IN BRIGHT LETTERS IN THE PAGES OF HISTORY.
FROM THE EARLIEST DAWN OF CIVILIZATION
DOWN THE CORRIDORS OF TIME TO THE PRESENT DAY,
NO ARMY OF SOLDIERS IN ANY CLIME OR AGE
EVER EXCELLED THEM IN PATRIOTISM, VALOR, CHIVALRY,
HONOR AND DEVOTION TO HOME AND
COUNTRY. THEY HAVE CEASED FROM THEIR
FIGHTING, THEY HAVE FINISHED THEIR LABORS,
AND HAVE ENTERED INTO THE GLORIOUS REWARD
THAT AWAITS THE FAITHFUL.
QUESTIONS or INFORMATION???
Contact Vanessa Burzynski at email@example.com