Malcolm Bull's Calderdale Companion : Foldout

Wharf Street, Sowerby Bridge


Contents:

General Points

The name is sometimes incorrectly written Wharfe Street.

It was created around 1791, replacing the earlier Back Wharf Street and Old Causeway.

This is the main street through Sowerby Bridge.

At the western end, it becomes Town Hall Street.

The street was first lit by gas in 1854

Property in Wharf Street

The occupants of the properties here have included

Beerhouses & Pubs in Wharf Street, Sowerby Bridge

Several beerhouses and public houses have been recorded in and around Wharf Street, Sowerby Bridge, including


See Back Wharf Street, Sowerby Bridge, Carlton Mill: Chimney, Old Causeway, Sowerby Bridge, Sowerby Bridge Gas Works, Tuel Lane, Sowerby Bridge, Wharf Street, Sowerby Bridge: Listed Buildings and Willow Hall Mills, Sowerby Bridge



search tips advanced search
search engine by freefind


© Malcolm Bull 2017 / calderdale@aol.com
Revised 15:10 on 28th August 2017 / kk_122 / 13