Malcolm Bull's Calderdale Companion : Foldout

Coley


Contents:

General Notes

Coley is a district lying between Hipperholme, Northowram and Shelf. It was a part of the township of Hipperholme-cum-Brighouse.

The name was originally Coldeley and means cold pasture.

The Rishworth family moved here around 1330.

Some sites, sights and other entries for Coley

Birdholme, Coley
Brown Horse, Coley

Chapel House, Coley
Chapel House, Coley
Cinder Hill, Coley
Coley Beck
Coley Chapel
Coley Chapel House
Coley Church Cricket Team
Coley Garden Centre
Coley Hall
Coley House, Coley
Coley Mill
Coley Mill House
Coley, Parish of
Coley School, Lower Shelf
Coley stocks
Coley Toll Bar
Coley Vicarage
Coley Walks Farm

Rev Oliver Heywood

Lumb Brook Mills, Coley
Lumb Brook, Coley

Malt Shovel, Coley
Morriscot, Coley

Norwood Green Parish Council

Old Coley Mill Inn, Norwood Green

Plane Trees Farm, Coley

Saint John the Baptist, Coley
Saint John's Well, Coley
Saint Matthew's Mission Church, Coley
Sawood House, Coley
Shoot, Coley
Soaper House, Coley
Stone Chair

Underhill Farm, Coley

Woodhead Tavern, Coley

The Horton family of Coley 

Beerhouses & Pubs in Coley

Several beerhouses and public houses have been recorded in and around Coley, including




search tips advanced search
search engine by freefind


© Malcolm Bull 2017 / calderdale@aol.com
Revised 15:05 on 28th August 2017 / mmc152 / 8