The Union of London and Smiths Bank was founded in London in 1902.
In 1918, the Bank merged with the National Provincial Bank of England. The name was then changed to The National Provincial & Union Bank of England Limited.
In 1924, the name was changed to the National Provincial Bank Limited.
This subsequently merged with the Westminster Bank Limited which had been founded in 1836 as the London & County Banking Company
There were several branches of the Union of London & Smiths Bank Limited in the district:
|search engine by freefind|
Malcolm Bull 2017 /
Revised 13:59 on 8th May 2017 / mmu130 / 4