Descendants of Jesse Holland
Generation No. 1
1. (JESSIE) JESSE1 HOLLAND was born ca. 1819 in Tennessee, and died Unknown. He married NANCY ca. 1840 in Tennessee. She was born ca. 1820 in Tennessee, and died Unknown.
More About JESSE HOLLAND and NANCY:
Children of (JESSIE) JESSE HOLLAND and NANCY are:
2. i. ANDERSON H.2 HOLLAND, b. June 1841, Tennessee; d. Unknown.
ii. LUCY HOLLAND, b. ca. 1843, Tennessee; d. Unknown; m. RICH S. CORNWELL; b. ca. 1843, Kentucky; d. Unknown.
iii. NORMAN L. HOLLAND, b. ca. 1846; d. Unknown.
iv. J A HOLLAND, b. ca. 1852; d. Unknown.
v. N V HOLLAND, b. ca. 1853; d. Unknown.
Generation No. 2
2. ANDERSON H.2 HOLLAND (JESSE1) was born June 1841 in Tennessee, and died Unknown. He married HANNAH BEARD March 21, 1866 in Marshall Co., KY, daughter of UNKNOWN BEARD and REBECCA UNKNOWN. She was born January 1848 in Kentucky, and died November 14, 1914 in Marshall Co., Kentucky.
Notes for ANDERSON H. HOLLAND:
Marshall Co., Kentucky Marriages Vol. II 1864--1877 page 21
HOLLAND, Anderson H.--of age--21 March 1866
by: J. F. McCoy MG at John Taylers' home Marshall Co., KY
Witness: John Tayler, I (J) Holland; sure- J. W. Taylor
Marshall Co., Kentucky Marriage Consents Records page 8
#1446 I hereby consent to the marriage of my daughter Hannah Beard to
Mr. Anderson H. Holland this 21 day of March 1866
Witness: I.F. McCoy
her x mark
Anderson H. Holland died prior to 1910, possibly Marshall Co. KY.
Notes for HANNAH BEARD:
Kentucky Death Records 1911 ~ 2000
Last Name First Name MI Age Death Place Death Date Volume Certificate# Death
HOLLAND HANNAH 67 MARSHALL 11-14-1914 061 30461 1914
More About ANDERSON HOLLAND and HANNAH BEARD:
Marriage: March 21, 1866, Marshall Co.,KY
Children of ANDERSON HOLLAND and HANNAH BEARD are:
3. i. NANCY R.3 HOLLAND, b. 1867, Marshall Co., Kentucky; d. 1890, Marshall Co., Kentucky.
ii. LUCY J. HOLLAND, b. ca. 1869; d. Unknown; m. GEO. W. NASH, February 18, 1886, Marshall Co., KY; d. Unknown.
Notes for LUCY J. HOLLAND:
VOL. III Marshall County, Kentucky Marriages
NASH, George W. of age February 18, 1886
HOLLAND, Lucy J. verbal consent of father
N S Castleberry at brides fathers/witness; W. H. Maddox & J. J. Jenkins
More About GEO. NASH and LUCY HOLLAND:
Marriage: February 18, 1886, Marshall Co., KY
4. iii. MOLLIE HOLLAND, b. September 1872, Kentucky; d. Unknown.
5. iv. JOHN NEWTON HOLLAND, b. January 16, 1874, Calvert City, Kentucky; d. January 07, 1948, Paragould, Arkansas.
6. v. WILLIAM J. HOLLAND, b. ca. 1877, Calvert City, Kentucky; d. Unknown.
vi. JAMES HOLLAND, b. January 1881; d. Unknown; m. CALLIE DIXON; d. Unknown.
vii. MAGGIE M. HOLLAND, b. August 1885; d. Unknown.
viii. HATTIE L. HOLLAND, b. January 1890, Marshall Co., Kentucky; d. Unknown; m. WILLIE FLOYD HALE, November 21, 1907, Marshall Co., KY; b. ca. 1883, Hopkins Co., Kentucky; d. Unknown.
Notes for HATTIE L. HOLLAND:
Vol. VI 1907-1913 Marshall County, Kentucky Marriages
HALE, Willie Floyd age 24 21 Nov 1907 #5769
HOLLAND, Hattie L. age 17 c/m
Rev. E.C. Dees at Mrs. Holland residence in presence of Tom More, Lige Nash.
Male residence: Marshall Co. KY 1st marriage, farmer, b. Hopkins Co., KY. Mother; Rebecca Caroline Spearlington, born, Muhlenburg Co. KY, Father; H. Milton Hale.
Female residence: Marshall Co. KY 1st marriage b. Marshall Co. Mother; Hannah Beard, born Marshall Co. Father; Anderson Holland born, Marshall Co.
1948, living in Ridgeley, TN. Brother John Newton Holland obit, lists her as "Mattie"
More About WILLIE HALE and HATTIE HOLLAND:
Marriage: November 21, 1907, Marshall Co., KY
Generation No. 3
3. NANCY R.3 HOLLAND (ANDERSON H.2, JESSE1) was born 1867 in Marshall Co., Kentucky, and died 1890 in Marshall Co., Kentucky. She married TOM JAMES MOORE. He was born 1866 in Mississippi, and died 1914 in Marshall Co., Kentucky.
More About NANCY R. HOLLAND:
Burial: Unknown, Calvert City, Kentucky
Child of NANCY HOLLAND and TOM MOORE is:
7. i. NORMAN CLAUD4 MOORE, b. September 13, 1887, Marshall Co., Kentucky; d. January 29, 1937, Paducah, Kentucky.
4. MOLLIE3 HOLLAND (ANDERSON H.2, JESSE1) was born September 1872 in Kentucky, and died Unknown. She married ELIJAH M. NASH 1890. He was born April 1873 in Kentucky, and died Unknown.
Notes for MOLLIE HOLLAND:
1948 living in Benton, KY, as per John Newton Holland obit.
More About ELIJAH NASH and MOLLIE HOLLAND:
Children of MOLLIE HOLLAND and ELIJAH NASH are:
i. THOMAS N.4 NASH, b. November 1892; d. Unknown.
ii. JESSIE NASH, b. January 1894; d. Unknown.
iii. LILLIA M. NASH, b. May 1899; d. Unknown.
5. JOHN NEWTON3 HOLLAND (ANDERSON H.2, JESSE1) was born January 16, 1874 in Calvert City, Kentucky, and died January 07, 1948 in Paragould, Arkansas. He married MARTHA LENORA POE April 06, 1894 in Marshall Co., KY, daughter of WM. POE and MARYLAND FERMAN. She was born February 23, 1877 in Calvert City, Kentucky, and died October 03, 1952 in Paragould, Arkansas.
Notes for JOHN NEWTON HOLLAND:
Marshall Co., Kentucky Marriages Vol. IV 1890-1899 page 49
HOLLAND, John Newton-v-c/Fa, 6 April, 1894
POE, Martha L. v--c/Fa
by: D. M. Green MG at Bud Poe's in Marshall Co., Kentucky
Witness: John Howard, H. Poe Book #3 M/D
1900 Census lists Mr. Holland as a laborer and blacksmith.
Mr. Holland brought his family to Mississippi Co., AR. from Paducah, KY., settling in the Half Moon Community, where he purchased 1 section of land, (information from: J. L. Holland, gr. son 11/2000).
From this location, moved to Oak Grove Community around Paragould, AR, where he and his wife Martha L. Poe resided until their passing.
"Heart Attack is Fatal To John N. Holland
John N. Holland, aged 74 died at 8:45 Wednesday evening at his home on route five following
a heart attack suffered yesterday morning. He was a native of Calvert, Ky., but had been a resident
of Greene county many years, moving here from Mississippi county.
Funeral arrangements are incomplete.
Surviving are his wife, Mrs. Martha Holland; a son, W. L. Holland of route three; five grandchildren;
ll great grandchildren; two sisters, Mrs. Mattie Hale of Ridgely, Tenn. and Mrs. Mollie Nash of
Benton, KY; and two brothers, W. J. Holland of Troy, Tenn., and J. M. Holland of Calvert City, Ky.
Buried: Mt. Zion Cemetery, Greene County, AR
J.L. Holland (grandson of John Newton and Martha (Poe) Holland (my dad) today told me when he was growing up, John and Martha were nicknamed: Jiggs and Meg after a newspaper cartoon of their era.
More About JOHN NEWTON HOLLAND:
Burial: January 11, 1948, Mt. Zion Cem. Greene Co. AR
Census: 1900, Clarks River Dist., Paducah, KY
Notes for MARTHA LENORA POE:
1900 Census of Clarks River District, Paducah, KY, lists Martha as follows:
Marthy L. born* (2/1878).
*February 23, 1878
Obit 1952 reads:
Funeral Services for Mrs. Holland Sunday
Funeral services for Mrs. Martha Lenora Holland, age 75, who died yesterday morning at the home of her grandson, J.L. Holland, of route five, will be conducted at one Sunday afternoon at the Verlyn L. Heath Funeral Home and burial will be made in Mt. Zion cemetery.
Surviving are a son, five grandchildren, 12 great grandchildren, two sisters, including Mrs. Georgia Howard of Paducah, Ky., and a brother.
Mrs. Martha Lenora Holland, 75, passed away at 7:15 p.m. *Friday at her home on route 5 near the Morning Star community. A native of Calvert City, Ky., she had resided in Greene County eight years and a member of the Baptist Church.
Survivors include one son, W.L. Holland of Buckner, Mo; five grandchildren; 12 great grandchildren; one sister, Mrs. George Coggins of Paducah, Ky., and one brother Kenneth Poe of Paragould.
Funeral serviced will be conducted at 1 p.m. today at the Verlyn L. Heath Funeral Home chapel. The Rev. Johnny Bowers will officiate and burial will be in Mt. Zion cemetery at Walcott.
*(October 3, 1952)
More About MARTHA LENORA POE:
Burial: October 05, 1952, Mt. Zion Cemetery
Census: 1900, Clarks River Dist., Paducah, Ky
Marriage Notes for JOHN HOLLAND and MARTHA POE:
Buried: Mt. Zion Cemetery, Greene County Arkansas
More About JOHN HOLLAND and MARTHA POE:
Marriage: April 06, 1894, Marshall Co.,KY
Children of JOHN HOLLAND and MARTHA POE are:
Notes for INFANT HOLLAND:
This child was listed as follows on 1900 Census from Paducah, Ky., Clarks River District
Marthy L~ No. of Child Births: 3~No. of Living Children: 2
More About INFANT HOLLAND:
Burial: ca. 1895, This infant Holland was stillborn. It is buried in Paducah Kentucky. Cemetery is unknown.
Census: 1900, Clarks River District, Paducah, KY
8. ii. WILLIAM. L. HOLLAND, b. February 18, 1896, Paducah, Kentucky; d. August 25, 1977, Independence, Missouri.
9. iii. MARY L. HOLLAND, b. November 1897, Paducah, Kentucky; d. Abt. 1916, Mississippi Co., Arkansas.
6. WILLIAM J.3 HOLLAND (ANDERSON H.2, JESSE1) was born ca. 1877 in Calvert City, Kentucky, and died Unknown. He married ZODIE BAILEY. She was born 1878, and died Unknown.
Notes for WILLIAM J. HOLLAND:
1948 residing in Troy, TN
Child of WILLIAM HOLLAND and ZODIE BAILEY is:
10. i. REBA4 HOLLAND, b. August 08, 1906, Kentucky; d. January 1986, St. Louis, MO.
Generation No. 4
7. NORMAN CLAUD4 MOORE (NANCY R.3 HOLLAND, ANDERSON H.2, JESSE1) was born September 13, 1887 in Marshall Co., Kentucky, and died January 29, 1937 in Paducah, Kentucky. He married ROSA LEE DIXON, daughter of TOM DIXON and NANCY BRADFORD. She was born February 03, 1891, and died November 27, 1966.
More About NORMAN CLAUD MOORE:
Burial: Unknown, Calvert City, Kentucky
More About ROSA LEE DIXON:
Burial: Unknown, Calvert City, Kentucky
Child of NORMAN MOORE and ROSA DIXON is:
i. LELA MAE5 MOORE, b. April 19, 1911, Gilbertsville, Kentucky; d. January 07, 1983; m. ELMER REMINGTON COLLINS, August 27, 1931, Chicago, Illinois; b. January 07, 1909, Birmingham, Kentucky; d. September 25, 1989.
More About LELA MAE MOORE:
Burial: Unknown, Benton Kentucky
More About ELMER REMINGTON COLLINS:
Burial: Unknown, Birmingham, Kentucky
More About ELMER COLLINS and LELA MOORE:
Marriage: August 27, 1931, Chicago, Illinois
8. WILLIAM.L.4 HOLLAND (JOHN NEWTON3, ANDERSON H.2, JESSE1) was born February 18, 1896 in Paducah, Kentucky, and died August 25, 1977 in Independence, MO.. He married CLARA EVELYN HILLARD 1916 in Blytheville, AR, daughter of RICHARD HILLARD and REALDY FRANKS. She was born March 30, 1901 in West Frankfort, Illinois, and died May 18, 1960 in Kansas City, MO..
Notes for WILLIAM.L. HOLLAND:
Mr. Holland moved with his parents and sister Mary to Mississippi Co., AR (Half Moon Community.) sometime prior to 1916.
Residing in Oak Grove Community near Paragould, AR.
He moved to Buckner, Mo around 1950, where he and his wife Clara hired on as Orchard workers. They later bought a small cafe on the main street of Buckner, across the street from the railroad depot. Mrs. Holland died in 1960. Mr. Holland sold the cafe to Bill and Fern Craven of Lake City, Mo., from this time Mr. Holland resided in Independence, Mo until his passing in August of 1977.
Funeral Arrangements: Carson Funeral Service, Indep., Mo. and Heath Funeral Chapel, Paragould, AR.
Rev. John Bauer presiding
Burial: August 28, 1977, Mt. Zion Cemetery
Census: 1900, Clarks River District, Paducah, KY.
Residence: Bet. 1909 - 1940, Resided in Half Moon Community, Mississippi Co., AR, then moved to Oak Grove Community near Paragould, from there to Buckner, Mo,
CLARA EVELYN HILLIARD:
Burial: May 22, 1960, Mt. Zion Cemetery
WILLIAM.L. HOLLAND and CLARA HILLIARD:
Marriage: 1916, Blytheville, AR
Children of WILLIAM.L. HOLLAND and CLARA HILLIARD are:
This infant Holland was born premature and stillborn. Buried in Half Moon Cem. Mississippi Co., AR
More About INFANT HOLLAND:
Burial: ca. 1918, Half Moon Community, Mississippi Co. AR.
ii. MAXINE HOLLAND, b. November 19, 1919, Blytheville, Arkansas; d. October 29, 1946, Paragould, Arkansas; m. RAYMOND F. CARR; b. September 16, 1917, Greene Co., AR.; d. February 04, 1985, Greene Co., AR. Burial: Finch Cemetery, Greene Co. AR.
More About MAXINE HOLLAND:
Burial: October 1946, Mt. Zion Cem. Greene Co. AR.
iii. J. L. HOLLAND, b. July 20,
1922, Blytheville, Arkansas; d. June 13, 2007, Kansas
City, Missouri; m. (1) B. L. WHITE,. 1945 Greene Co. AR.
Served in US Army, Oct. 1942 ---Nov.1945
Military Occupation: Truck Driver,// Marksman Rifle 3/28/45//Citation: AP Theater Ribbon, Good Conduct Medal, WW II Victory Ribbon
Retired from: Ford Motor Co., Clay Co., Mo.
Burial: June 16, 2007, Buckner Hill Cem. Buckner, Mo
More About WILDA E. (TAYLOR) STONE:
Burial: June 1987, Buckner Hill Cem. Buckner, Mo
More About J. L. HOLLAND and WILDA STONE:
Marriage: September 06, 1973
iv. G.W. HOLLAND, b. June 22, 1924, Blytheville, AR; d. October 31, 2002, Joliet, Illinois Will County.
Death has never been documented. First source reported he died in an Indiana Prison.
Second source reported he died in a car crash in Chicago, Illinois.
v. BERNICE GWYNETTE HOLLAND, b. October 19, 1927, Independence, Missouri; d. October 07, 1982, Independence, Missouri; m. (1) LLOYD AGUSTA DOWDEY; b. September 19, 1910, Monroe, LA.; d. June 1985, Kansas City, Kansas; m. (2) GEORGE R. HYMES, August 18, 1972, Independence, Missouri; b. April 10, 1914; d. August 20, 2002.
"Dowdey" was a horse trainer, among other occupations in his life time.
More About GEORGE R. HYMES:
Burial: Buckner Hill Cemetery, Buckner, Mo
vi. JOY ANN HOLLAND, b.
September 09, 1937, Blytheville, Arkansas; d. July 09,
1992, Independence, Missouri; m. R. BUNDY,
9. MARY L.4 HOLLAND (JOHN NEWTON3, ANDERSON H.2, JESSE1) was born November 1897 in Paducah, Kentucky, and died ca. 1916 in Mississippi Co., Arkansas. She married GEORGE VINCE/VINCENT. He died Unknown.
Notes for MARY L. HOLLAND:
Mary died after giving birth to second child, it too, died in the birth process. Her father, John Newton shipped Mary and baby back to Paducah, KY, to be buried
More About MARY L. HOLLAND:
Burial: Unknown, Paducah, Kentucky
Children of MARY HOLLAND and GEORGE VINCE/VINCENT/VINSON are:
i. MILDRED LUCILLE ( PUDD)5
ii. INFANT VINCE / VINCENT/VINSON b. ca. 1916, Mississippi Co. Arkansas; d. ca 1916, Mississippi Co. Arkansas.
Baby and Mother, Mary Holland Vince/Vincent, are buried in Paducah, KY, Cemetery, unknown.
10. REBA4 HOLLAND (WILLIAM J.3, ANDERSON H.2, JESSE1) was born August 08, 1906 in Kentucky, and died January 1986 in St. Louis, MO. She married VESTER ADAIR. He died Unknown.
Child of REBA HOLLAND and VESTER ADAIR is:
i. RENA EARLENE5
Chris, Thank you for the information you provided on your family.
K. Steele, Thank you also for the photos and family data you provided.