Pastor of the German Methodist Episcopal Church; was born in Prussia in 1844, and, in the spring of 1852, his parents emigrated with him to America, and located in Milwaukee, where his mother died in June following; removing, in 1856, to Ahnapee, Kewaunee Co., Wis., where he followed farming till 1867, when he spent a year at the ship carpenter's trade at Sturgeon Bay; in 1868, he entered Wallace College, of Berea, Ohio, from which he graduated in 1872, after which he spent another year at the ship carpenter's trade at Cleveland; returning to Wisconsin in 1873, he entered the work of the ministry at Forest, Fond du Lac Co., under the Presiding Elder of the Fond du Lac District; he joined the Conference at Chicago, in 1873, and Sept. 27, 1874, was ordained Deacon at that city by Bishop Simpson, and assigned to the charge at Clayton, Winnebago Co., Wis., where he remained three years; at the Conference of La Porte, Ind., Sept. 23, 1876, he was ordained Elder by Bishop Merrill, and sent to the church at Brillion, Calumet Co., whence, after a two years' pastorate, he came to Oconomowoc, where he has since been in charge of the German Methodist Episcopal Church. He was married Aug. 4, 1871, to Mrs. Amanda, widow of William Schmidt, and daughter of Charles and Mary A. Wuestenburg, a native of Pittsburgh, Penn. Mrs. Kleuske has two daughters, Mary A. and Ida P. Schmidt.
Return to Calumet Page
Copyright 1997 - 2008 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights Reserved