The Oshkosh Northwestern - June 6, 1934
At an attractive wedding at St. Mary's church at Stockbridge yesterday morning at 9 o'clock, Miss Esther Hemauer,
daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John F. Hemauer of that village, became the bride of Martin J. Bankert of Qshkosh, son of
Mr. and Mrs. Frank Prosser of this city. The Rev. Michael Gonnering performed the ceremony.
The bride was attired in a white satin and lace gown with a long tulle veil caught in cap effect with pearls. She
carried a shower bouquet of tea roses, lilies of ihe valley and babybreath. She was attended by her sister. Mrs.
Leo Ecker, matron of honor, and the Misses Emily Franz, Virginia Franz, Gertrude Mueller and Lucille Hemauer were
bridesmaids. Thp matron of honor wore an orchid moline dress with hat to match and carried roses and babybreath.
The bridesmaids wore yellow moline dresses, yellow turbans and white mesh gloves. Little Maxine Gerhartz was the
flower girl and was dressed in an ankle-length frock of figured white organdy with a poke bonnet to match. Little
Earl Hemauer was the ringbearer and wore a white linen suit and carried a white calla lily with the rings
The bridegroom was attended by his brother, Eugene Bankert as best man, and ushers were Roy Bankert, Miles and
Gilbert Hemauer, and Gilbert Schoen.
After the ceremony dinner was served to 50 relatives at the bride's home. A supper was served to about 150 guests at
Goeser's hall, Brothertown. After the supper the evening was devoted to dancing. Mr. and Mrs. Bankert left for a
motor trip to northern Wisconsin and Canada. On their return they will reside at Quinney in a bungalow near Lake
Winnebago. Mr. Bankert is employed by the J. R. Watkins company.
Music at the home was provided by Joseph Weisheipel, organist, and William Precour, tenor, classmates of Mr.
Return to Wedding Write-ups Page
Return to Calumet Page
Copyright 1997 - 2009 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights Reserved