THIS IS OUR CALEB CARTER - Sketch DOCUMENTED FROM THE PRESENT (1998) BACK TO TAX LIST, MASON COUNTY, KENTUCKY by Glenn Dale and Kathryn S. Carter
"Our" Caleb was born ca 1740-50 ---- maybe in VA, maybe NJ ??? Ohio histories and family tradition is b. VA. In 1820 Champaign Co., OH, he was age 45+.
2 sons (Levi & Israel) & 2 daughters Sarah & Rebecca, married in KY.
1804 left KY and moved to Ohio (have land records).
He died in 1828 in Champaign Co., OH (Will Bk. B, p. 181)
First wife's name unknown (probable mother of the children).
Second wife Mary PATRICK OWEN (widow), 1812, Ohio, (Marr. Bk. A: 219)
1. LEVI CARTER - b. ca 1777 (tradition: in Virginia) m-1) 29 Apr 1800, Mason Co., KY to Catherine Graham m-2) CA 1805-06, in Ohio, Elizabeth (Betsy) EDGAR
2. ISRAEL CARTER - b. 1779, prob. VA m) 4 Jun 1801, Mason Co., KY, to Agnes
3. REBECCA CARTER - b. ca 1782?? TN.?? m) 7 Aug 1802, Mason Co., KY to Joseph COX
4. SARAH CARTER - b. ca 1785?? TN ?? m) 24 Sep 1802, Mason Co., KY to John
5. BENJAMIN CARTER - b. 25 Feb 1787, White's Fort "Near Knoxville," (Then part of Greene Co.) TN. m) 23 Jun 1812, Champaign Co., OH to Mary (Polly) OWEN