Hinders Lane and Dockham 1876
HINDERS LANE and DOCKHAM is a parish, formerly extra parachial, in Westbury-on-Severn union, containing, by the census of 1861, 184, and in 1871, 369 inhabitants, with 8 acres of land; in the deanery of the Forest, archdeaconry of Gloucester, diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, hundred of St. Briavels, West Gloucestershire; 4 miles from Newnham, 9 from Ross, 11 from Monmouth, and 128 from London. There is a licensed Mission Room, in connexion with St. John's, Cinderford, in which divine service is celebrated. The manorial rights are the property of the Crown. W. Blanch Brain, Esq., is the chief owner of the soil. The rateable value of this parish is £440.
BARTLETT Dr., St. Annals lodge
Trades and Professions
BALDWIN Mrs. Emma, shopkeeper
COOPER John, farmer
JONES Alfred Henry, "Swan" hotel and posting house.
Cinderford and Little Dean are the post towns and nearest money order offices.