Descendants of Henry David Golliher
Generation No. 1
1. HENRY DAVID1 GOLLIHER was born August 11, 1850 in MO, and died April 21, 1881 in IL. He married SOLENA ELVIRA ADAMS August 05, 1876 in Schuyler Co., IL, daughter of BUFORD ADAMS and ELIZABETH BLACK. She was born June 24, 1850 in Schuyler Co. IL, and died January 06, 1931 in Schuyler Co. IL.
Notes for HENRY DAVID GOLLIHER:
Buried at a family plot where Star Bridge crossed. Stone reads: Gone to the Hidden City....Golliher
1880 Schuyler Co., IL, Woodstock Twp. Census, Enumerator: William K. Shuka, Date Census Taken June 17, 1880. Page 24, Supervosor's District #. 23, Enumeration Dist. #. 244
215-221 Adams, Elizabeth F W 52 IL NC KY Keeping house
" , Agatha F W 24 IL KY IL Daughter
Golliher, Henry M W 29 MO ? IL Farmer Son-in-law
" , Salena F W 29 IL KY IL Housekeeper
" , Buford M W 3 IL MO IL Son
Children of HENRY GOLLIHER and SOLENA ADAMS are:
2. i. WILLIAM JAMES2 GOLLIHER, b. August 01, 1880, Schuyler Co., IL; d. February 14, 1965, Rushville, Schuyler Co., IL.
3. ii. BUFORD ADAMS GOLLIHER, b. March 28, 1877, Schuyler Co., Illinois; d. October 28, 1940, Quincy Mem. Park, Melrose, Adams, Co..
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM JAMES2 GOLLIHER (HENRY DAVID1) was born August 01, 1880 in Schuyler Co., IL, and died February 14, 1965 in Rushville, Schuyler Co., IL. He married PHOEBE CATHERINE SPOONAMORE February 04, 1904 in Brown Co., IL, daughter of ZACHARIAH SPOONAMORE and SARAH LOGSDON. She was born December 31, 1883 in Cooperstown, IL, and died March 18, 1962 in Quincy, Adams Co., IL.
Notes for WILLIAM JAMES GOLLIHER:
A home owned by John Haggerty and family was torn down to make way for a filling station operated by William and his wife, Phoebe Spoonamore Golliher. They built a home just south of the station which they later sold to Loren Drake.
Burial Cooperstown Cemetery, Brown Co., IL
Notes for PHOEBE CATHERINE SPOONAMORE:
Burial in Cooperstown Cemetery, Brown Co., IL
Children of WILLIAM GOLLIHER and PHOEBE SPOONAMORE are:
4. i. HENRY TAYLOR3 GOLLIHER, b. November 02, 1904, Cooperstown, IL; d. October 05, 1992, Rushville, IL.
5. ii. RUTH AGATHA GOLLIHER, b. February 21, 1907, Cooperstown, IL; d. February 27, 1999, Mt. Sterling, IL.
3.BUFORD ADAMS2 GOLLIHER (HENRY DAVID1) was born March 28, 1877 in Schuyler Co., Illinois, and died October 28, 1940 in Quincy Mem. Park, Melrose, Adams, Co.. He married ELVA JANE RANSOM December 15, 1898. She was born July 22, 1878 in Brown Co.,Illinois, and died January 30, 1965 in Quincy, Illinois.
Notes for BUFORD ADAMS GOLLIHER:
At Star Bridge, the general store and elevator were kept by J.D. Black, Buford Golliher, Charles Snyder, his son-in-law, Whitfield Barclift, another son-in-law, Richard Woods, and Jake Colclasure.
In 1931, the elevator expoded and burned and has never been replaced. The house also burned.
Children of BUFORD GOLLIHER and ELVA RANSOM are:
i. INEZ3 GOLLIHER.
ii. KENNETH GOLLIHER, b. July 1899.
iii. REYNOLDS GOLLIHER.
Generation No. 3
4. HENRY TAYLOR3 GOLLIHER (WILLIAM JAMES2, HENRY DAVID1) was born November 02, 1904 in Cooperstown, IL, and died October 05, 1992 in Rushville, IL. He married ANNABEL DIETERICH July 04, 1925 in Virginia, IL, daughter of GEORGE DIETERICH and LILLIE DUNBAR. She was born August 13, 1905 in Cooperstown, IL, and died January 03, 2001 in Mt. Sterling, Brown Co., IL.
Children of HENRY GOLLIHER and ANNABEL DIETERICH are:
i. FRANCIS HENRY4 GOLLIHER, b. April 11, 1931, Bushnell/Prarie City, IL; d. August 23, 2003, Springfield, Sangamon Co., IL; m. (1) LILA GRACE HOOSIER, June 21, 1951, Versailles, IL; b. May 12, 1932, Versailles, IL; d. March 19, 1996, Versailles, IL; m. (2) VIVIAN MARGARET RIGG, April 19, 1997, Mt. Sterling, IL; b. January 27, 1932, Mt. Sterling, IL.
ii. GLADYS MERCEDES GOLLIHER, b. February 07, 1929; m. EDWARD LEWIS SATHOFF, July 28, 1946; b. 1926.
iii. PHOEBE JOAN GOLLIHER, b. June 19, 1933; d. August 23, 2000, Springfield, Sangamon Co., IL; m. HOWARD EUGENE BALE, 1951, Tallula, IL; b. October 26, 1928, Menard Co., IL; d. January 17, 1999, Springfield, IL.
iv. LILLIE CATHERINE GOLLIHER, b. March 17, 1927, Cooperstown, IL; d. March 27, 1927, Cooperstown, IL.
5.RUTH AGATHA3 GOLLIHER (WILLIAM JAMES2, HENRY DAVID1) was born February 21, 1907 in Cooperstown, IL, and died February 27, 1999 in Mt. Sterling, IL. She married ROY LAWRENCE SORRELLS February 21, 1925 in Mt. Sterling, IL. He was born March 29, 1905 in Schuyler Co, Illinois, and died February 10, 1981 in Mt. Sterling, IL.
Child of RUTH GOLLIHER and ROY SORRELLS is:
i. LAWRENCE WILLIAM4 SORRELLS, b. February 17, 1930; d. April 26, 1995, Mt. Sterling, IL; m. VIVIAN MARGARET RIGG, July 01, 1951; b. January 27, 1932, Mt. Sterling, IL.