Descendants of Thomas Jefferson Hoyle
Generation No. 1
1. THOMAS JEFFERSON2 HOYLE (THOMAS JEFFERSON1) was born April 03, 1832 in Marshall, AL, and died July 15, 1899. He married SARAH SORTER July 15, 1852 in Marshall, AL, daughter of CHARNER SORTER and NANCY DAVIDSON. She was born 1835 in Marshall, AL.
Children of THOMAS HOYLE and SARAH SORTER are:
2. i. MARY ELLEN3 HOYLE, b. 1859; d. May 09, 1883, Ozark, AR.
ii. MARTHA JANE HOYLE, b. 1853; m. JAMES W. STEWART, November 08, 1873; b. July 1854, Alabama; d. 1942, Mulberry, AR.
Notes for JAMES W. STEWART:
Buried New Mulberry Cemetery.
3. iii. JOHN COLLINS HOYLE, b. July 21, 1857; d. October 11, 1952.
iv. JAMES M. HOYLE, b. 1861.
v. LAURA SARAH HOYLE, b. 1863; m. GEORGE I. CUNNINGHAM.
Generation No. 2
2. MARY ELLEN3 HOYLE (THOMAS JEFFERSON2, THOMAS JEFFERSON1) was born 1859, and died May 09, 1883 in Ozark, AR. She married CHARN BENTON STEWART July 11, 1875, son of BAZEL STEWART and ELIZA TROUP. He was born January 1857 in Alabama, and died Abt. 1913.
Notes for MARY ELLEN HOYLE:
Tombstone at Lowes Creek Cemetery, Ozark, AR says: May the Resurrection find Thee on the Bosom of thy God
Notes for CHARN BENTON STEWART:
The story has been told that Charn was on his way home, to get there, he took the shortcut through a cemetery. He came upon two drunks that were robbing a grave of a recently deceased person. They took the body out of the grave and propped it up against a tree, so Charn, being the trickster he was, moved the body and took it's place. The two drunks after their raid decided to take the "body" for a ride in their wagon, so they put the "body" between them to support it. While on their ride, one handed the "body" the bottle and said, "Do you want a drink?", to which the "body" grabbed the bottle and said, "Don't mind if I do!" Both the drunks jumped off the wagon and ran into the dark. Charn went home with a new wagon and team of horses. No one ever claimed them.
Children of MARY HOYLE and CHARN STEWART are:
4. i. ANDREW PATRICK4 STEWART, b. January 11, 1883, Franklin, Arkansas; d. December 06, 1963, Choctaw, Oklahoma.
5. ii. THOMAS STEWART, b. Abt. 1881, AR.
6. iii. WILLIAM SCOTT STEWART, b. 1878, Alabama; d. 1957, Sparks, OK.
iv. SARAH ELLEN STEWART, b. June 10, 1876, Jackson Co., AR; d. 1928; m. WALLACE HENRY CUNNINGHAM, February 11, 1894, Meg, AR; b. 1874.
3.JOHN COLLINS3 HOYLE (THOMAS JEFFERSON2, THOMAS JEFFERSON1) was born July 21, 1857, and died October 11, 1952. He married ELLEN S. STEWART, daughter of WILLIAM STEWART and MAHULDA BOHANNON. She was born November 24, 1857, and died January 13, 1901.
Children of JOHN HOYLE and ELLEN STEWART are:
i. WAYNE B.4 HOYLE, b. October 15, 1878; d. October 26, 1974.
ii. WEALTHY B. HOYLE, b. August 1881.
iii. WHEELER J. HOYLE, b. September 1883.
iv. WYETH J. HOYLE, b. February 1886.
v. WALKER A. HOYLE, b. November 1888.
vi. WELINGTON G. HOYLE, b. July 1890.
vii. WARNER G. HOYLE, b. February 1893.
viii. WHIT HOYLE, b. February 1895.
ix. JOHNNIE HOYLE, b. October 1897.
Generation No. 3
4. ANDREW PATRICK4 STEWART (MARY ELLEN3 HOYLE, THOMAS JEFFERSON2, THOMAS JEFFERSON1) was born January 11, 1883 in Franklin, Arkansas, and died December 06, 1963 in Choctaw, Oklahoma. He married (1) MARY FRANCES SPRADLIN March 10, 1904, daughter of JAMES SPRADLIN and SARAH PYBUS. She was born June 16, 1887 in Birmingham, Alabama, and died February 08, 1960 in Choctaw, Oklahoma. He married (2) DONA BELL INGHAM 1961. She was born March 15, 1897, and died February 15, 1980 in Midwest City, OK.
Notes for ANDREW PATRICK STEWART:
A story has been told that Andrew shot & killed his cousin in a hunting accident. At the time of death of the cousin, it was demanded of the Mother, that she reveal who her son's father was, since it had been unknown all those years. After much pressure, she revealed that the father was Charn Benton, her brother-in-law!!!! So this actually made them half brothers!!!!
Children of ANDREW STEWART and MARY SPRADLIN are:
i. GERTRUDE LENNA5 STEWART, b. March 02, 1919, Sparks, Oklahoma; m. WILLIAM MILO BULLEN, November 27, 1937, Humboldt, California; b. September 21, 1916, Oakland, Arkansas.
ii. RAYMOND ANDREW STEWART, b. January 29, 1925; d. June 24, 1945, Jones, Oklahoma.
iii. ROLAND BENTON STEWART, b. January 14, 1907; d. December 05, 1991, Midwest City, Oklahoma; m. PAMELIA MAYBELLE PRICE; b. May 06, 1915.
iv. JAMES RALPH STEWART, b. August 28, 1913; d. June 09, 1988, Salinas, California; m. HAZEL LOGUE; b. Abt. 1917.
v. GEORGIA LEE DULCENE STEWART, b. January 12, 1910; d. May 1985, Eureka, California; m. ERNEST VERNON SACK; b. May 05, 1919, Judson, North Dakota; d. January 17, 1982, Eureka, California.
vi. FRANCES MAXINE STEWART, b. November 03, 1929.
vii. AUDREY MAYE STEWART, b. March 12, 1916.
viii. BONNIE EVELYN STEWART, b. March 27, 1922; m. WILLIE F. LOHMAN, March 24, 1941; b. April 24, 1920; d. March 01, 1976.
5.THOMAS4 STEWART (MARY ELLEN3 HOYLE, THOMAS JEFFERSON2, THOMAS JEFFERSON1) was born Abt. 1881 in AR. He married NELLIE LADD. She was born Abt. 1882 in IA.
Children of THOMAS STEWART and NELLIE LADD are:
i. MILLIE5 STEWART, b. Abt. 1904.
ii. PEARL STEWART, b. Abt. 1906.
iii. EARL N. STEWART, b. March 24, 1907, AR; d. August 19, 1935, Sparks, OK.
iv. VIVIAN STEWART, b. 1909.
v. RUBY STEWART.
vi. GLENAR BENTON STEWART.
vii. ROBERT STEWART.
viii. HAZEL STEWART.
ix. HERMAN STEWART.
6.WILLIAM SCOTT4 STEWART (MARY ELLEN3 HOYLE, THOMAS JEFFERSON2, THOMAS JEFFERSON1) was born 1878 in Alabama, and died 1957 in Sparks, OK. He married DOLLIE MAY. She was born 1886, and died in Sparks, OK.
Children of WILLIAM STEWART and DOLLIE are:
i. ROY LEE5 STEWART, b. February 01, 1906, OK; d. September 30, 1981, Sparks, OK.
ii. ROSS (BUB) STEWART, b. February 19, 1908, OK; d. August 10, 1988, Sparks, OK; m. ALMA M.; b. September 24, 1910; d. July 17, 1996, Sparks, OK..
iii. RAYMOND D. STEWART, b. July 31, 1903; d. January 31, 1966, Sparks, OK; m. ALINE H.; b. November 28, 1905; d. Sparks, OK.
iv. REV. RUFUS S. STEWART, b. July 11, 1910; d. December 14, 1992, Sparks, OK; m. V. LEONA; b. April 17, 1913; d. Sparks, OK.
v. CALVIN STEWART, b. Abt. 1918.
vi. PEARL STEWART, b. Abt. 1914.
vii. NAOMA STEWART.
viii. WILDA MAY STEWART.
ix. SCOTTY STEWART, b. 1920, OK.