Descendants of Lewis Manning
Generation No. 1
1. LEWIS1 MANNING was born 1807 in GA. He married JANE SPREWELL February 21, 1832 in Fayette Co., GA. She was born 1820 in SC.
Children of LEWIS MANNING and JANE SPREWELL are:
2. i. MINERVA CAROLINE2 MANNING, b. June 1833, Fayette Co., GA; d. Talladega Co., AL.
ii. GEORGE MANNING, b. 1835, Fayette Co., GA.
iii. EMILY MANNING, b. 1836, Fayette Co., GA.
iv. LAFAYETTE MANNING, b. 1839, Talladega Co., AL.
v. SARINA MANNING, b. 1843, Talladega Co., AL.
vi. WILLIAM MANNING, b. 1844, Talladega Co., AL.
vii. JUDSON MANNING, b. 1846, Talladega Co., AL.
viii. ANGELINE MANNING, b. 1849, Talladega Co., AL.
Generation No. 2
2. MINERVA CAROLINE2 MANNING (LEWIS1) was born June 1833 in Fayette Co., GA, and died in Talladega Co., AL. She married JAMES MONROE SPRADLIN October 07, 1851 in Talladega Co., AL, son of JOSIAS SPRADLIN and MATILDA HARRIS. He was born January 30, 1831 in Fayette Co., GA, and died June 26, 1887 in St. Clair Co., AL.
Notes for JAMES MONROE SPRADLIN:
James M. came out of Fayette Co., GA and settled in Talladega Co., AL, till the end of the Civil War, and shortly after that, he moved to St. Clair Co., AL where he died in 1887. His son George was still there in 1900. James M. served in the Civil War, Confederate of course.
Listed on 1860 Talladega, 1870 and 1880 St. Clair Co., AL census.
Confederate: Co. D. 51st AL Partisan Rangers, enlisted Sept 1862.
Children of MINERVA MANNING and JAMES SPRADLIN are:
3. i. JAMES ABNER3 SPRADLIN, b. March 19, 1861, Talladega Co., AL; d. July 23, 1918, Lowes Creek, Arkansas.
4. ii. GEORGE YOUNG SPRADLIN, b. May 22, 1854, Talladega Co., St. Clair Co., AL; d. May 14, 1913, Boxelder, TX, Red River Co..
iii. C. J. SPRADLIN, b. 1875, St. Clair Co., AL.
5. iv. HESTER A. SPRADLIN, b. October 1855, Talladega Co., AL; d. November 18, 1905, St. Clair Co., AL.
6. v. FRANCES E. SPRADLIN, b. 1866, Talladega Co., AL; d. January 05, 1942, Big Woods Cem. DeKalb, TX, Bowie Co..
Generation No. 3
3. JAMES ABNER3 SPRADLIN (MINERVA CAROLINE2 MANNING, LEWIS1) was born March 19, 1861 in Talladega Co., AL, and died July 23, 1918 in Lowes Creek, Arkansas. He married SARAH DULCENE PYBUS September 02, 1883 in St. Clair Co., AL, daughter of JAMES PYBUS and CHARLOTTE BOLDING. She was born March 12, 1861 in Alabama, and died March 07, 1923 in Sparks, Oklahoma.
Notes for SARAH DULCENE PYBUS:
On the 1880 St. Clair Co., AL census, page 34-A it states:
160/160 Phypus, C. J., W, F, 55, Wd, A, SC, NC
M.C. 24, dau, A, A, A
M.L. 22, dau, A,A,A
Sarah D. 19, dau, A,A,A
Children of JAMES SPRADLIN and SARAH PYBUS are:
i. MARY FRANCES4 SPRADLIN, b. June 16, 1887, Birmingham, Alabama; d. February 08, 1960, Choctaw, Oklahoma; m. ANDREW PATRICK STEWART, March 10, 1904; b. January 11, 1883, Franklin, Arkansas; d. December 06, 1963, Choctaw, Oklahoma.
Notes for ANDREW PATRICK STEWART:
A story has been told that Andrew shot & killed his cousin in a hunting accident. At the time of death of the cousin, it was demanded of the Mother, that she reveal who her son's father was, since it had been unknown all those years. After much pressure, she revealed that the father was Charn Benton, her brother-in-law!!!! So this actually made them half brothers!!!!
ii. GEORGE SPRADLIN.
iii. JAMES MONROE SPRADLIN, d. Paris, AR.
iv. EMMA M. SPRADLIN, b. January 16, 1888; d. October 19, 1976, Jones, OK; m. DAVID PRESTON WILLIAMS; b. April 11, 1881; d. September 15, 1961, Jones, OK..
v. MATTIE SPRADLIN.
vi. HENRY EDWARD SPRADLIN, b. February 07, 1895, Little Rock, AR; d. July 26, 1955, Gridley, CA.
vii. WILLIAM ABNER SPRADLIN, d. Shreves, OH.
4.GEORGE YOUNG3 SPRADLIN (MINERVA CAROLINE2 MANNING, LEWIS1) was born May 22, 1854 in Talladega Co., St. Clair Co., AL, and died May 14, 1913 in Boxelder, TX, Red River Co.. He married MARY JANE CHENAULT January 14, 1880 in St. Clair Co., AL, daughter of ANDREW CHENAULT and NANCY HOLLINGSWORTH. She was born 1859 in St. Clair Co., AL, and died 1938 in Boxelder, TX, Red River Co..
Notes for GEORGE YOUNG SPRADLIN:
George was in St. Clair Co., AL in 1900
Children of GEORGE SPRADLIN and MARY CHENAULT are:
i. KITTIE4 SPRADLIN, b. August 1882, St. Clair Co., AL.
ii. NANCY ELIZABETH SPRADLIN, b. April 11, 1884, St. Clair Co., AL; d. January 29, 1922, Annona, TX; m. OSCAR BETHESDA HEATH, December 16, 1906; b. February 06, 1882, Benton Co., MS; d. January 04, 1959, Mena, Polk Co., AR.
iii. LOUIS FREDERICK SPRADLIN, b. November 11, 1880; d. May 28, 1948, Boxelder, TX, Red River Co.; m. ORA L. SPRADLIN; b. October 04, 1891; d. July 02, 1971, Boxelder, TX, Red River Co...
iv. WILLIAM E. SPRADLIN.
v. JOHN C. SPRADLIN, b. October 11, 1885; d. October 26, 1960; m. CLARA MARSHALL, Boxelder, TX; b. March 05, 1900.
vi. PRESTON GEORGE SPRADLIN, b. January 19, 1888; d. November 1944, Hollis, OK; m. MAE HARMON, June 04, 1909; b. April 14, 1891; d. November 04, 1967, Hollis, OK..
vii. SALLIE T. SPRADLIN, b. 1890, Alabama; d. 1979, Duncan, OK; m. R. T. HUDSON; d. 1918, Oklahoma City, OK.
Notes for SALLIE T. SPRADLIN:
Buried Oklahoma City
viii. NORRA MAY SPRADLIN.
ix. ALLIE BELL SPRADLIN, b. December 27, 1896; d. March 07, 1990, Mineral Wells, TX; m. THOMAS F. O'BANNON, 1918, Boxelder, TX; b. October 16, 1896; d. October 13, 1991, Mineral Wells, TX..
x. MARNY SPRADLIN, b. December 27, 1896; d. July 03, 1990.
xi. INFANT BOY SPRADLIN.
xii. CLEVELAND SPRADLIN.
5.HESTER A.3 SPRADLIN (MINERVA CAROLINE2 MANNING, LEWIS1) was born October 1855 in Talladega Co., AL, and died November 18, 1905 in St. Clair Co., AL. She married HARVEY L. VENABLE August 03, 1876 in St. Clair Co., AL, son of JOHN VENABLE and MANERVA SIMPSON. He was born November 12, 1856 in St. Clair Co., AL, and died June 03, 1925 in St. Clair Co., AL.
Notes for HESTER A. SPRADLIN:
Buried: Inzer Cemetery
Notes for HARVEY L. VENABLE:
Buried: Inzer Cemetery
Children of HESTER SPRADLIN and HARVEY VENABLE are:
i. FRANCIS4 VENABLE, b. September 1883, St. Clair Co., AL.
ii. WILLIAM C. VENABLE, b. May 1885, St. Clair Co., AL.
iii. WEBSTER H. VENABLE, b. April 1892, St. Clair Co., AL.
6.FRANCES E.3 SPRADLIN (MINERVA CAROLINE2 MANNING, LEWIS1) was born 1866 in Talladega Co., AL, and died January 05, 1942 in Big Woods Cem. DeKalb, TX, Bowie Co.. She married STEPHEN FREDRICK CHENAULT November 22, 1882 in St. Clair Co., AL, son of ANDREW CHENAULT and NANCY HOLLINGSWORTH. He was born 1857 in St. Clair Co., AL, and died 1916.
Children of FRANCES SPRADLIN and STEPHEN CHENAULT are:
i. ADER4 CHENAULT, b. 1898; d. 1914.
ii. E. J. CHENAULT, b. 1891; d. 1914.