The Nunan story starts back before 1830 when John Nunan, son of Timothy Nunan and Margaret Kennedy, married Eliza Donovan. John was born circa 1802 in Limerick Ireland. Eliza was born circa 1811 in Limerick Ireland.
John and Eliza emigrated with their family on the ship "PORTLAND". They departed London on the 2 November 1840, arriving in Sydney, New South Wales, via Plymouth,11 March 1841. They had six children.
- Timothy, born 24 December 1828 in Limerick Ireland.
- Ellen, born in 1831, Limerick Ireland. On the 3 November 1847, she married Michael McNamara in Wollongong, New South Wales. They had one child, Thomas Michael.
- Margaret was born in circa 1833 in Limerick, Ireland. On the 25 June 1855, she married Charles Joseph Hore, in Wollongong, New South Wales. Margaret died on the 4 March 1908 at Dapto, New South Wales.
Eliza died on the 15 September 1846 at Dapto, New South Wales.
John married a second time to Mary Healey. They married on the 23 September 1856 in St Francis Xavier Church, Wollongong, New South Wales. They had four children.
- Mary Ann
- Bridget (Bertha)
- Francis Healy
John died on the 19 March 1885 in Wollongong, New South Wales. He is buried at West Dapto Cemetery, New South Wales.
Timothy Nunan first marriage was to Mary E Larkin, on the 24 July 1855 in Wollongong, New South Wales. They had eight children.
Mary died on the 5 October 1867 in Dapto, New South Wales.
- John P.
- Mary Ann
Timothy's second marriage was to Ellen Fahey. They married on the 12 February 1872 in Moss Vale, New South Wales. They had one child.
Timothy died on the 3 August 1899 at Wollongong, New South Wales and is buried at Dapto, New South Wales.
John was born in September 1835 in Limerick, Ireland. On the 27 June 1861 he married Elizabeth Donnelly in Dapto, New South Wales. Elizabeth was born circa 1844. They had thirteen children.
John died 31 January 1924. Elizabeth died on the 15 September 1924. Both died at Moruya, New South Wales and are buried there.
- Catherine, born 11 April 1862, in Wollongong, New South Wales. catherin married James Staunt in 1888 in Sydney, New South Wales. She died on the 11 February 1919 at Moruya, New South Wales and is buried there.
- Elizabeth Ann, born 3 August 1863 in Wollongong, New South Wales. She married Frederick James Staunton on the 15 June 1892 at Bergalia, New South Wales.
- Edward Thomas born 3 November 1865.
- Mary 'Jane', born 1867 in Broulee, New South Wales.
- Isabella born 1871 in Broulee. She died in 1871 in Broulee.
- Thomas born 1873 in Broulee and died in 1878 at Broulee.
- Agnes born 1875. She married Percival Poole in 1920.
- Margaret born 1876.
- Ellen born 1878.
- Charles 'John' born 1881.
- Alice M. born 1882.
- Frederick F. born 1885.
Edward Thomas married Anastasia Reid on the 26 November 1902 in Bodalla, New South Wales. They had eleven children.
- Alice May, born 2 September 1903 at Bodalla. She married Bede O'Neill.
- Isabella M.
- John F.
- Thelma M.
- Mary 'Elizabeth'(Molly)
- Edward A.(Joe)
- Stanley James
- Thalia 'Jean'
- Raymond Thomas