The Wilsons came to Australia from Scotland in about 1853. They were Walter Wilson and Helen Simpson. Walter was born in about 1811 at Glasgow, Scotland. Helen was born about 1827 at Kirkintillock, Scotland.
Walter and Helen were married about 1852 in Glasgow, Scotland. They had six children.
Walter died on the 16 October 1888 at Marrickville, New South Wales. Helen died on the 14 December 1894 at Newtown, New South Wales. They are both buried at the Presbyterian Cemetery Wollongong, New South Wales.
- Edward Hamilton
- William Simpson
Edward Hamilton was born about 1855 in Adelaide, South Australia. Walter married Helen Isabella McDonald on the 14 June 1876 at Wollongong, New South Wales.Helen's
parents were David Anderson McDonald and Helen Marshall.
They had ten children.
- David Walter born 1876 and died 1876.
- Marshall born on the 6 April 1879 at Bega, New South Wales.
- Harold Campbell born 1879 and died 1881.
- Ethel May born 1881.
- Florence Isabell born 13 June 1883 at Bulli, New South Wales. She married
James Cyril Stevens on the 24 January 1911 at Port Kembla, New South Wales.
- Helena Montrose born 1885.
- Elsie Maud born 1886.
- Ruby born on the 31 December 1887 at Wollongong, New South Wales. Ruby married
Errol Edmund Cluade Hyde on the 4 November 1907 at Bega, New South Wales.
- Jessie born 1889.
- Amy I (Gwynnie), born 1881.
Helen Isabella died on the 5 July 1891 at Wollongong, New South Wales. She is buried there.
Edward Hamilton died on the 13 April 1915 at Bega, New South Wales. He is buried at Bega.
Marshall Edward married Louisa Jane Dare on the 24 November 1904 at Sydney, New South Wales.
Marshall and Louisa had five children.
Louisa Jane died on the 13 January 1915 at Nimbin, New South Wales and is buried there.
Marshall Edward died on the 19 March 1944 at Botany, New South Wales and is buried there.
- Helen born 1906. She married Walter Henry Partridge
- Jack born 21 April 1908 and died four days later on the 25 April 1908 at Bangalow, New South Wales.
- Elsie born 1911.
- Violet born 1912 died 1972.
- Jessie Louise born 1915 and died 1981.