BILL LONG'S SHARED GENEALOGY DOCUMENTS
Documents posted on this website may be copied for non-commercial use.
(1) Thomas Tharp, born about 1640, lived in Kent County, Maryland. Descendants of Thomas Tharp by Robert L. Tharp, is an 11-megabyte document in Adobe PDF format. It has been broken down into thirteen sections to facilitate downloading by users of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on computers with limited memory. Click here to download DESCENDANTS OF THOMAS THARP William B. Tharp wrote a book called "Genealogy of the Tharp Family of Delaware 1735-1941." You can view a copy at Click Here.
(2) Bill is researching the Yeates Conwell Family of Delaware. Click here to go to his Conwell Documents page.
(3) James Overhuls researched his ancestors John Long and Ann Herrington of Queen Anne's County, Maryland, and wrote Long Families of Colonial Maryland. Click here to download his papers.
(4) Roy Eastes prepared The Descendants of John Long, Sr. of Maryland (1685-1746) a 100-page file in Microsoft Word format. He will print and send you a copy for $25, or you can download it and print it yourself. To download Click Here.
(5) Curtis Woodrow Long researched the Long Family of Sussex Co, DE and wrote Family Histories and Descendants of Richard Wilson Long, 1842-1922, Arabella Jane Adkins Long 1846-1927, and Others. To download Click Here
(6) Baptism and Marriage Records of the Sound Church of Sussex Co DE is available at: http://files.usgwarchives.org/de/sussex/vitals/marriages/soundmar.txt . A complete copy of the document Heritage of the Sound Church is available at: "This Link" Note: The listing of Baptisms and Marriages in this publication have been proved to include those performed in other churches in the area, i.e., Salem Methodist in Selbyville, Roxana Methodist, and perhaps Ebenezer Methodist just over the state line in Worcester MD. It is thought that the records of one or more of the ministers who served these Churches sequentially were left in the Sound records which were thankfully preserved and transcribed by the Women of Sound for this history.
(7) Cecil Gene Long of Burgoon, Ohio is a descendant of John Long of Queen Anne's Co, MD. Click here to download copies of selected pages from his family history book. (John Long of Queen Anne's Co was the brother of David Long of Sussex Co., DE) NOTE: Gene Long is an avid researcher of the Powell Family. NOTE: Gene Long is an avid researcher of the Powell Family. See "Captain William Powell" document he sent me at Click Here. p>
(8) Information copied from the Imogene Long Timmons Family Bible and the Lucinda J. McCabe Long Family Bible can be seen at Click Here
(9) A copy of David Long Sr.'s will can be seen at Click Here
(10) Isaiah Long (1783-1832) was a son of Col. Armwell Long of Sussex Co. DE. To download a transcription of the birth, death and marriage records of the Isaiah and Elizabeth Long Family Bible Click Here . This Bible was purchased in an upstate NY antique shop in 1976 by Ms. Ellen Young of British Columbia. Ellen's brother David Huggett did some sleuthing and located living descendants of the family. The Bible was subsequently transferred to Long Family genealogist George R. Long of Falls Church.
(11) Bill is a descendant of Captain Paul Marsh. Paul Marsh first appeared in Maryland in 1664 and later settled in Sussex Co. Delaware. The Paul Marsh Family was researched by Baldwin Maull and Helene Carter Potter and their paper was published in the Pennsylvania Genealogical Magazine. To Download/View their paper, Click here.
(12) Bill is the Group Administrator for the LONG Surname DNA Project. To visit the DNA Project website Click Here. (After the FTDNA page loads, click on the "Website" link.)
(13) Someone, I can't remember who, gave me "The Dryden Family of Somerset County". The first page is missing. If you have a copy and can send it to me please email me.
(14) Howard Leckey's "Ten Mile Country" describes the early settlers of the southwestern area of Pennsylvania. The John Long/Ann Herrington Family that relocated there from Queen Annes County, Maryland was one of the families of early settlers. Click Here to download a copy of a page from the book.
(15) "A Search for the Ancestry of Dr. William Murray of Cambridge Maryland" by Addison Worthington, documents the extensive research of the author, a descendant of Dr. Murray. Dr. William Murray and his wife Sarah Ennals lived in Cambridge, Dorchester County, MD. Dr.Murray was born in Tullibardine Castle in Perthshire, Scotland between 1695 and 1697 and died in Cambridge, Maryland in 1762 or 1763. This book is a large (12 megabyte PDF) file that can be downloaded at Click Here. Be prepared for a long wait if you have a slow connection.
(16) Marjorie Adams of Whipple, Ohio is in the possession of the Benjamin Long Bible. She has transcribed the family history records. The transcription can be viewed or downloaded using this link: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~cfii/BenjLongBible.pdf
See also, the "Selbyville Delaware History and Genealogy Yahoo Group" website at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SelbyvilleHistoryAndGenealogy/
(17) For information about the John Maull family of Lewes, DE: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~cfii/GenealogicalGleaningsFromFamilyBibles_CHBTurner_Maull.pdf
(18) The Layton Family of Delmarva is the monumental work of James Layton (Jim) Moore of Wilmington, DE. It is a "work in progress." You can download the March 1, 2013 revision to your computer from HERE.
(19) Reflections From Southeastern Sussex is a history of Sussex County, DE towns south of the Indian River. It was prepared by the Col. Armwell Long Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. You can download it using this link.
(20) The James Long Bible was owned in 1839 by James Long of Isaac and Joice (Hudson) Long. To view or download transcribed records "Click Here".
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids