- Colton Coat of Arms
- Ancestors of Charles Wesley COLTON
- Surname List
- Index of Names
- Please Sign our Guestbook!
- Reverend Walter Colton (1797-1851)
- Luther Colton (1818-1864) and Sons - Tragedy on Land
- David Douty Colton (1832-1878)
- Joseph Lynn Colton (1840-1896)
- Professor George Henry Colton (1848-1927)
- Charles Samuel Colton (b. 6 May 1850)
- Elizabeth Avery Colton (1872-1924)
- Olive Almyra Colton (1873-1972)
- Doctor Blanche Colton Williams (1879-1944)
- Major General Roger Baldwin Colton (1887-1978)
- Ralph Lester Colton (1891-1927) - Tragedy by Sea
- Lillian (Anderson) Colton (1911- )
Welcome to the Colton Family History website!
This site is offered to those interested in the COLTON surname, ancestors and living descendants sharing this common denominator.
In no manner are we trying to make available a complete genealogical record but rather in-depth stories encompassing historical facts as well as some vital statistics and general information to give some idea of what these people were like and the times and conditions in which they lived.
We try not to make a judgment of any individual or group but let the facts and history they left behind speak for itself!
The Coltons of the United States have their origins with the arrival of the Quartermaster George COLTON in 1640 from the town of Sutton Coldfield, County of Warwick, England to the area of Salem, Massachuessets and beyond into every state and geographical area of the U.S. of A.
From this beginning thru the next 365 years to the current generation the COLTON surname has included those who were pioneers, struggling just to survive life’s hardships, those who fought in any number of wars involving our country, struggled thru financial hardships, personal tragedy, sacrifice and dedication to family in perpetuating our lineage. Like many other families we have had our share of heroes, hard working business tycoons to laborers, teachers to gamblers with a smattering of villains, scoundrels and lost souls added to round out the total family.
These are their stories, this is our heritage! Keep an open mind and enjoy the literary trails that lie ahead!
When all is said and done, it is our hope you not only enjoy what you have read but that you will be interested in becoming part of this growing historical record. If you find that you have additional information, corrections or proven facts that can be added to the existing records as presented we most certainly encourage you to contact us.
Contact InformationSend E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org