This family, belonging to the Swedish unintroduced nobility (i.e. the family was never introduced at the House of Nobles) begins with Georg Arentzen, stablemaster of the archbishop of Bremen, who had issue Daniel von Arentzen (later von Arendtschildt), died Stockholm 11 Feburary 1670, married 1stly N. N. and 2ndly Ilsa von der Kuhla, daughter of Kristofer von der Kuhla and Anna Adolfsdotter Bremer. They had issue:
1. *by 1* Fredrik Georg, died fighting the French at the battle of St. Omer.
2. *by 1* Daniel, died 1693.
3. *by 1* Johan Julius.
4. *by 1* Ferdinand Johan, died young.
5. *by 1* Karl Gustaf, died whilst travelling in Holland.
6. *by 2* Kristofer Daniel von Arentschildt, married Charlotta Dorotea von Oldenburg (Oels branch of that family). Issue unknown.
7. *by 2* Susanna Maria, died after 1708, married Johan Henrik von Brethapt (d. 1706).
8. *by 2* Karl, died young.
Return to Index of Names