Clifton W. Bush
Generation No. 1
1. SAMUEL1 ISAACS (Source: Will Samual Isaacs 1750 , Frederick County, Virginia Will Book 1, page 366.) was born Abt. 1685, and died Abt. 1750 in FREDRICK COUNTY, WINCHESTER , VIRGINIA.
Notes for SAMUAL ISAACS:
Will Book 1, page 366
Will of Samuel Isaac of Frederick
County , Virginia.
dated: December 4, 1749 Proven: May 8, 1750
Son Samuel to be sole executor- Whole estate to be equally divided between
son Samuel Isaac and Elisha Isaac, Margaret Seuter and Mary Hill. 2 grandsons: John Isaac, Elisha Isaac.
Samuel Isaac (X)
More About SAMUAL ISAACS:
Fact 1: His land located on north&south side of the Great Road near Ashby's Ferry.
Fact 2: Will dated December 4, 1749
Ocupation: Blacksmith and Distiller
Residence: V irginia
Children of SAMUAL ISAACS are:
i. ELISHA2 ISAACS.
ii. MARGARET ISAACS, m. ALEXANDER SEUTER, 21 July 1745, Staford County Virginia.
iii. MARY ISAACS, m. THOMAS HILL.
2. iv. SAMUEL ISAACS II, b. Abt. 1700; d. March 1760, FREDRICK COUNTY, WINCHESTER , VIRGINIA.
Generation No. 2
2. SAMUEL2 ISAACS II (SAMUAL1) (Source: Will Samuel Isaacs 1759 Frederick County. Virginia. Will Book 2 page 367, Shows son Elijah and Godfrey also four daughters. Elijah was Executor.) was born Abt. 1700, and died March 1760 in FREDRICK COUNTY, WINCHESTER , VIRGINIA.
Notes for SAMUEL ISAACS II:
Deed Book 2 page 367 Sept. 24, 1751
Power of Attorney from Isaac Pennington to my trusty and well beloved friend Samuel Isaac, both of Frederick Co., Va.
Frederick Co. Va.- Ref. will 19 Nov 1759 (will Book 2 page 376), Samuel Isaacs: he left 2nd son, Elijah his plantation and adj. lands lying S. side of road(Approx 200 acers). To son Godfrey, remainder of the land, north side of road. The remainder to be divided equally between his 4 dau. Elijah was Executor.
Children of SAMUEL ISAACS II are:
3. i. ELIJAH3 ISAACS, b. 1730; d. 1799, Pendleton County.
4. ii. GODFREY ISAACS, b. Abt. 1738; d. 1820.
iii. JANE ISAACS.
iv. REBECCA ISAACS.
v. MARY ISAACS.
vi. ELIZABETH ISAACS.
Generation No. 3
3. ELIJAH3 ISAACS (SAMUEL2, SAMUAL1) was born 1730, and died 1799 in Pendleton County.
Notes for ELIJAH ISAACS:
Elija Isaacs Will 1799
In the name of God Amen.
I Elija Isaacs of Pendleton County
Being in perfect mind & memory but weak in body calling to mind that its apointed once for man to die do mak this my last will and Testament first of all. I Commit my soole to God that gave it and my body to the dust to be decently buriyed _________and as to my wordly Estate to be disposed of as follows.
Deed Book 15. Page 171 Oct. 17, 1771
Deed of Release- Elijah Isaac to Taliaferro Stribling, 438 pounds, 13 shillings, 4 pence Virginia money- 219- 1/3 acres part of 415 acres granted to Samuel Isaacs August 8, 1752 - corner Isaac Foster at road from Battle Town to Berry's Ferry, corner David Ashbu. (Battletown was an early nameforBerryville.)
First I leave to my youngest sun Giorge Isaacs a Negro boy called Isack and my sadle and a small sorrel mair. The Negro to be delivered to him when he becums twinty one years of age and if should die without ishu the Negro to left to Jenny and Winney. Secondly I leave to my daughter Rebecka Isaacs her bed and furniture and a hors worth one hundred dollars _________and the ballence of my Estate both rail and pershenel I leave to my youngest daughter Winney Isaacs and do apoint James Blair and Samuel Isaacs soole exacetors of this my last will and testement witness my hand this fourth day of April 1799.
Elijah Isaacs (seal)
Interlind before Sind
Sind and acknowledge in presents
Recorded in Will Book C, page 173
Recorded June 24, 1799
More About ELIJAH ISAACS:
Fact 1: 1775, Name is found on the Committee of Safety for Surry Co.
Fact 2: Served as Colonel during the Revolutionary War(N.C. Militia)
Fact 3: 1771, Sold his land and moved South.
Fact 8: 06 August 1780, Taken prisoner at Camden until July 1781, before exchanged
Fact 9: 1784, After the War,sold his land in N.C.
Fact 10: 1785, Purchased land in Franklin Co. Ga.
Fact 11: 1790, Listed on S.C. census in Pendleton Co.
Residence: North & South Caroling, Georgia
Religion: 02 March 1778, Took oath as Justice of Peace in now Wilkes Co.
Children of ELIJAH ISAACS are:
5. i. SAMUEL4 ISAACS, b. 1759, Fredrick County Virginia.; d. 1844, Lincoln County Tenn.
ii. GIORGE ISAACS.
iii. REBECKA ISAACS.
iv. ABBEE ISAACS.
v. JINNEY ISAACS.
vi. WINNEY ISAACS.
4. GODFREY3 ISAACS (SAMUEL2, SAMUAL1) (Source: Will Samuel Isaacs 1759 Frederick County. Virginia. Will Book 2 page 367, Will identifies Godfrey as son of Samuel.) was born Abt. 1738, and died 1820. He married SARAH ASHBY. She was born WFT Est. 1733-1758, and died WFT Est. 1783-1845.
Notes for GODFREY ISAACS:
Deed Book 12, Page 16 Sept. 3, 1767
Deed of release- Godfrey Isaacs of Frederick Co., Va., to David Ashby of Frederick Co., Va. consideration 100 pounds Virginia money- tract on north side Main Road from Buck's Marsh to Ashbys Gap willed to him by his father, Samuel Isaacs, being part of a tract of land taken up "Pattented and Possessed by him said Samuel Isaacs in his lifetime"- 192 acres.
Recorded Nov. 4, 1767
Child of GODFREY ISAACS and SARAH
6. i. FIELDING ASHBY4 ISAACS, b. 1780, Wilkes Co. N. C.; d. 06 August 1872, RUSS CTY. BURIAL COPPER CREEK RUSS CTY VA..
Generation No. 4
5. SAMUEL4 ISAACS (ELIJAH3, SAMUEL2, SAMUAL1) (Source: (1) DAR Membership # 278 734 Maud Isaac., (2) South Carolina Archives order # 3374, AA 3957 1/2 pp li B # 19 Contingent Account. Papers by Legislature Nov. 23, 1795.) was born 1759 in Fredrick County Virginia., and died 1844 in Lincoln County Tenn. He married MARY WALLACE 1774 in South Carolina. She was born 1754 in Fredrick County Virginia., and died 1838 in Lincoln County Tenn.
Notes for SAMUEL ISAACS:
Served in South Carolina Line under "MARION AT BATTLE OF COWPENS" during the American Revolution as Spy for North and South Carolina. Also served under his father Col. Elijah Isaacs in North Carolina.
See South Carolina Archives
Order # 3374 AA 3957 1/2 pp Li #19 Contingent
Account. papers by legislature Nov 23, 1795.
He first joined the American Army as a private in District 96 in S. C. in Sept. 1776. The year before he married and had twin sons born Feb. 11, 1775. He named the twins Elijah and Elisha. He stated that he served for two years as a spy for the American Army against the Indians. He served several three-month terms in both the N.C. and S.C. militia. He served under his father at least one term. He was discharged by General McDowell at Quaker Meadows in Burke Co., N.C.
In 1788 he lived in Franklin CO. Ga. It was here the Indians attacked his home and destroyed everything. His wife and children escaped without harm.
The correct birth year is in question war records showing 1759, family records show 1754. Since he had twin boys in 1775, the 1754 birth year would be more logical, perhaps the War Dept mistook the 4 for a 9 ?
More About SAMUEL ISAACS:
Fact: 1807, Moved to Lincoln Co. Tenn.
Residence: Pendleton Co S. C., Wilkes Co. N.C.,& Lincoln Co. Tenn.
Children of SAMUEL ISAACS and MARY
7. i. ELIJAH5 ISAACS, b. 22 February 1775, South Carolina; d. 01 November 1859, Jasper County Texas.
ii. ELISHA ISAACS, b. 22 February 1775.
More About ELISHA ISAACS:
Fact 1: 1815, Shown on 1815 tax list.
Fact 2: 1800, Listed in Surry County
iii. MARY ISAACS (Source: The
Compendium of American Genealogy, Mary Isaacs (FTM) CD # 200, Disk #3, Shows
marriage to Jacob and re-confurmes her line Samuel,Elisha(spelled Elisha)
&,Samuel.), b. 18 July 1796; d. 1840; m. JACOB VAN ZANDT, 1812; b. 1788,
Franklin Co. Tenn.; d. 1834.
iv. ELIZABETH ISAACS.
v. REBECCA ISAACS.
vi. JANE ISAACS.
vii. ABAGAIL ISAACS, m. YOUNG.
6. FIELDING ASHBY4 ISAACS (GODFREY3, SAMUEL2, SAMUAL1) (Source: (1) Census Dickensonville Township 1860 Census., (2) Census Russell Co. Virginia 1850.) was born 1780 in Wilkes Co. N. C., and died 06 August 1872 in RUSS CTY. BURIAL COPPER CREEK RUSS CTY VA.. He married SARAH HARRIS 1798 in Russell Cty. Va., daughter of JOHN HARRIS and LUCY. She was born 1785 in HANOVER CTY. VA., and died 15 October 1871 in RUSS CTY. BURIAL COPPER CREEK RUSS CTY VA..
Notes for FIELDING ASHBY ISAACS:
WILL OF FIELDING ISAACS
Russell County, Virginia
Will Book 9, Pages 90-91
Executed 07 May 1872
I Fielding Isaacs of the County of Russell and State of Virginia being of sound mind and disposing memory but very old and infirm and calling to mind the uncertainty of life do make and publish my last will and testament in the following manner that is to say I give and bequeath to my daughter Rebecca Skeen wife of Armstrong Skeen my track of land lying in Russell County where I now live to have and to hold unto her and her heirs forever.
2) What little personal property I have I leave for payment of any personal expenses and any debts that I may owe.
To my other children I have nothing to give except my good wishes for their welfare. What I have given to my daughter Rebecca is in consideration of her kindness, care and attention to me and her mother in our old age and sickness.
I hereby revoke all other and former wills by me herefore made and declare this to be my last will.
Given under my hand and seal this 19th day of February 1872.
X His Mark
Signed Sealed and Acknowledged in our presence by Fielding Isaacs as for his last will and testament and we have signed the same as witnesses at his request and in his presence and in the presence of each other.
J Saule Fanning
In Court held for Russell County at the Court House thereof on Tuesday the 7th day of May 1872
The last will and testament of Fielding Isaacs was this day produced in court and proved by oath of J Saule Fanning one of the subscribing witnesses thereto and the further proof of the same was continued for the oath of Samuel Gibson the other subscribing witness thereto.
Teste J C Gent, C.C.
At a Court Held for Russell County on the 6th day of August 1872
The last will and testament of Fielding Isaacs deed was this day again produced in court and proved by the oath of S.W. Gibson the other subscribing witness thereto and ordered to be recorded.
J C Gent, C.C.
This file contributed by: John
More About FIELDING ASHBY ISAACS:
Fact: LAST NAME ALSO SPELLED ISAACKS
Military service: 1812, COLONIAL WAR 72ND REG. RIFELMAN
Ocupation: SURVEYOR, FARMER
Probate: 19 February 1872, Will dtd. probated 6 Aug. 1872.
Residence: V irginia
Children of FIELDING ISAACS and SARAH
i. SAMUEL5 ISSACS, b. 1800, RUSSEL CTY. VA.; m. NANCY, 1832; b. 1798.
8. ii. JOHN HENRY ISSACS, b. 1807, RUSS CTY.; d. 1890, LAWRENCE CTY. KY..
iii. FIELDING JR ISSACS, b. 1811, RUSSEL CTY. VA.; m. MARY.
iv. WILLIAM ISSACS, b. 1816, RUSSEL CTY. VA.; d. 27 October 1878; m. REBECCA.
v. JOANNA ISSACS, b. 01 January 1819, RUSSEL CTY. VA.; m. ANDERSON J. WILSON, 10 May 1836, CABELL CTY. W. VA..
vi. ELIZABETH M. ISSACS, b. 1828, RUSSEL CTY. VA.; m. JESSEE SKEEN, 1852.
vii. REBECCA ISSACS, b.
03 March 1832, RUSSEL CTY. VA.; m. ARMSTRONG SKEEN, 1852.
Generation No. 5
7. ELIJAH5 ISAACS (SAMUEL4, ELIJAH3, SAMUEL2, SAMUAL1) was born 22 February 1775 in South Carolina, and died 01 November 1859 in Jasper County Texas. He married ESTEHER DONAHO.
Child of ELIJAH ISAACS and ESTEHER DONAHO
9. i. SAMUEL6 ISAACS, b. 25 April 1804; d. 1878.
8. JOHN HENRY5 ISAACS (FIELDING ASHBY4 ISAACS, GODFREY3,
SAMUEL2, SAMUAL1) (Source: (1) Census Dickensonville Township 1860
Census., (2) Census Russell Co. Virginia 1850, Shows ages of himself 43, wife
38 and nine children including son Fielding age 17.) was born 1807 in RUSS
CTY., and died 1890 in LAWRENCE CTY. KY.. He married (1) ELIZA
DALE. She was born 1877 in KY..
He married (2) ELIZABETH REBECCA JOHNSON 1832 in RUSS CTY., daughter of AARON JOHNSON and MARY FULLER. She was born 05 June 1812 in RUSS CTY., and died 1874 in JOHNSON CTY. KY..
Notes for JOHN HENRY ISAACS:
Russell County, Va. law order book. 1864 - 1867 Book 15, page 100
John H. Isaacs who was on the 10th day of august 1865 elected a Justice of the Peace for district number 6 in Russell County having been duly commissioned by the Governor of this Commonwealth according to law, this day appeared in Court and took the several oaths required by law.
Book 15, page 102
Ordered that John Isaacks, be appointed surveyor of
the Grassy Creek road from Jacob Johnson's to Burk's and that he keep the same
in repair with the following hands: Jacob Johnson, Fielding A. Isaacks, Peter
Vicars, John Vicars, James Keith, and Larkin Porter.
More About JOHN HENRY ISSACS:
Children of JOHN ISAACS and ELIZABETH
10. i. FIELDING ASHBY6 ISAACS, b. 13 June 1833, WAYNE CTY. W. VA.; d. 20 July 1898, RUSSELL CTY. VA. ISAAC CEM..
ii. MARY ISAACS, b. 08 January 1837; m. CON SALYERS.
iii. FRANCIS ISAACS (Source: Census Dickensonville Township 1860 Census.), b. 1838; m. (1) CATHERINE ADAMS; b. 1846; m. (2) TEO ELAM.
iv. SARAH ISAACS, b. 1839.
v. ELIZABETH ISAACS, b. 1840; m. LEANDER WILSON, 11 April 1871, WAYNE CITY W. VA..
vi. REBECCA ISAACS, b. 1842; m. JAMES P. RASNAKE, 28 February 1861.
vii. MARGARET ISAACS, b. 1846; m. CHILTON WILSON, 14 August 1865.
viii. MARTHA ISAACS, b. 1846; m. J. DINGUS, 11 October 1871.
ix. JANE ISAACS, b. 1851; m. DAVE HAMILTON, 14 March 1879.
x. JOHN ISAACS, b. 1859.
xi. HENRY ISAACS, b. 05 June 1860.
xii. WILLIAM HARRISON ISAACS, b. 12 June 1860; m. MARY ELIZABETH NICHOLS, 22 March 1873.
Generation No. 6
9. SAMUEL6 ISAACS (ELIJAH5, SAMUEL4, ELIJAH3, SAMUEL2, SAMUAL1) was born 25 April 1804, and died 1878. He married (1) MARTHA RICHARDSON. He married (2) NANCY ALLEN.
Child of SAMUEL ISAACS and MARTHA
i. WESLEY CAREL7 ISAACS.
Children of SAMUEL ISAACS and NANCY
ii. WILLIAM ALLEN7 ISAACS.
iii. JOHN LEROY ISAACS.
10. FIELDING ASHBY6 ISAACS (JOHN HENRY5 ISSACS, FIELDING ASHBY4 ISAACS, GODFREY3, SAMUEL2, SAMUAL1) (Source: (1) Marrage License Fielding Isaacs & Malvina Long 1856, (Scott County Virginia. Cort House)., (2) Census Dickensonville Township 1860 Census, Shows Fielding's age as 27 occupation Farmer and personal property value of $110.00.Wife Melvina age 24.) was born 13 June 1833 in WAYNE CTY. W. VA., and died 20 July 1898 in RUSSELL CTY. VA. ISAAC CEM.. He married MALVINA LONG 18 December 1856 in SCOTT CTY. VA., daughter of LEWIS LONG and ELIZABETH. She was born 18 April 1835 in Grayson County Va., and died 17 December 1935 in RUSSELL CTY. VA. Burried in Family Cemetery..
More About FIELDING ASHBY ISAACS:
Fact 1: BURRIED ISSAAC CEM. RUSSELL CTY. VA.
Fact 2: Confederate Veteran
Nickname: " BUD"
Residence: RUSSELL CTY. VA.
Notes for MALVINA LONG:
Melvina was 22 at the time of
her marriage, Lived to be 100 years of age, died on her 79th Wedding
More About MALVINA LONG:
Children of FIELDING ISAACS and
MALVINA LONG are:
i. ELBERT S.7 ISAACS, b. 17 September 1857; d. 14 September 1943, CASTLEWOOD VA. RUSSEL CO.; m. MATTIE ARDELIA; b. 14 February 1838; d. 18 September 1933.
11. ii. EMILY E. ISAACS, b. November 1859; d. 01 March 1943, Russell Cty. Va..
iii. WILLIAM H. ISAACS, b. 13 March 1862; d. 01 August 1903; m. ELLEN PORTER.
iv. FRANCIS ISAACS, b. 01 July 1864.
v. SHERMAN ISAACS, b. 1866; m. CORY SALYERS.
12. vi. GEORGE GRANT ISAACS, b. 13 March 1872, Russell Cty. Va.; d. 08 September 1911, Middlesboro Ky..
vii. MATILDA E ISAACS, b. 1873, RUSS CTY.; m. ENOCH VANDERPOOL, 09 September 1889; b. RUSS CTY..
More About MATILDA E ISAACS:
More About ENOCH VANDERPOOL:
Fact 1: 22 October 1891, HE MARRIED MATILDA
Fact 2: 1890, DIVORCED MATILDA
Marriage Notes for MATILDA ISAACS and
DIVORCED IN 1890 AND RE MARRED IN 10/ 22/1891.
13. viii. MARTHA A ISAACS, b. 06 May
1880; d. 05 November 1972, BURIAL ISAAC CEMETERY CASTLEWOOD VA..
Generation No. 7
11. EMILY E.7 ISAACS (FIELDING ASHBY6, JOHN HENRY5 ISSACS, FIELDING ASHBY4 ISAACS, GODFREY3, SAMUEL2, SAMUAL1) was born November 1859, and died 01 March 1943 in Russell Cty. Va.. She married JOSEPH FRANKLIN BURKE (Source: Census Russell Co. Virginia 1880, Copper Creek Dist., Shows Joseph's age as 24 Emily 21.) 07 July 1876 in Sullivan Co. Tn.. He was born 03 March 1860 in RUSS CTY., and died Aft. 1943.
Notes for JOSEPH FRANKLIN BURKE:
Died as a result of a dynamite explosion 1896 in which he was blinded, lost a leg, and suffered severe internal injuries.
More About JOSEPH FRANKLIN BURKE:
Ocupation: Railroad Construction Forman
Children of EMILY ISAACS and JOSEPH
i. CYNTHIA MALVINA8 BURKE, b. 05 April 1877.
ii. MARY E. BURKE, b. 29 July 1879.
iii. WILLIAM HOUSTON BURKE, b. 04 October 1883.
iv. SALLY BURKE, b. 1885.
v. ELBERT SHERMAN BURKE, b. 17 August 1887, Wise Co. Va.; d. 24 May 1954, Wise Co. Va.; m. VIDA MAE COMER, 03 July 1908, Bristol, Va./Tn.; b. 02 October 1891, Inez Ky.; d. 06 January 1990, Brooksville Fl..
Notes for ELBERT SHERMAN BURKE:
More About ELBERT SHERMAN BURKE:
Ocupation: Coal related, & Electrician
Residence: V irginia, Ky, Tn.
vi. ELIZABETH BURKE, b. July 1889.
12. GEORGE GRANT7 ISAACS (FIELDING ASHBY6, JOHN HENRY5 ISSACS, FIELDING ASHBY4 ISAACS, GODFREY3, SAMUEL2, SAMUAL1) (Source: (1) Death Cerfificate Nannie (Isaacs)Bush, File # 77-G47 Dtd. May 14. 1977, Show father's name George Isaaca, Mother Minnie Elam., (2) Census Russell Co. Virginia 1900, Shows George's age as 32 and Minnie's age as 27.) was born 13 March 1872 in Russell Cty. Va., and died 08 September 1911 in Middlesboro Ky.. He married (1) MINNIE L. ELAM 15 January 1889 in RUSSELL CTY. VA., daughter of ROBERT ELAM and MARTHA BURKE. She was born 09 September 1872 in Russell Cty. Va., and died 03 April 1948 in NICKELSVILLE CTY. VA. VICARS CEM.. He married (2) MINNIE SIZEMORE August 1911 in Middlesboro Ky..
Notes for GEORGE GRANT ISAACS:
Vol. No. 10 MIDDLESBORO, KENTUCKY, SEPTEMBER 14, 1911
SUCCUMBS TO APPENDICITIS
Prominent Harlan County Lawyer
Dead at Kings Daughters Hospital
?Was Wedded to Miss Min-
nie Sizemore Before Death
G.G. Isaacs, a prominent lawyer
of Harlan county and well-known
in Middlesboro, died here at the
Kings Daughters Hospital of appen-
dicitis last Friday morning at one
o'clock. Mr. Isaacs was brought
from Harlan to Middlesboro on the
Thursday evening train and an op-
eration was performed some time
that evening, but proved unsuccess-
ful, he was too far gone to re-
Before the operation Mr. Isaacs
was united in marriage with Miss
Minnie Sizemore of Middlesboro,
by Rev. J. V. Logan. Miss Size-
more had been for some time his
The deceased was a native of
Russell county, Virginia. The re-
mains were taken to Castlewood,
Va., for burial, accompanied by a
number of friends.
George Grant Isaacs Died September 8, 1911 in Middlesboro,
Kentucky. His body was immediately taken by train to Russell
County Virginia, and from the train station to the old Isaacs home place
on Grassy Creek which was then the home of Jasper and Mattie (Martha) Moore,
George's baby sister and her husband. George Grant Isaacs was
buried in the Isaacs Cemetery on a ridge overlooking the home in which
he, his father, and his grandfather had been born. He was buried on
September 9, 1911. Of supreme irony after the bitter divorce action
between George and his ex-wife Minnie Lee Elam Isaacs, his burial took place on
her thirty-ninth birthday.
May 3, 1997?Rocky Mount, Virginia
Reproduced from a newspaper photostat possessed by Kermit Wakefield Salyer of Ferrum, Va. Mr. Salyer is the son of Audie Isaacs Salyer and a grandson of George Grant Isaacs.
May 3, 1997 at Rocky Mount, Virginia
John Kermit Isaacs
Note a Henry Rions (business partner) took most of George's assets after his death.
More About GEORGE GRANT ISAACS:
Fact: BURRIED ISAAC CEM. CASTLEWOOD RUSSELL COUNTY VIRGINIA.
Ocupation: Attorny At Law
More About MINNIE L. ELAM:
Notes for MINNIE SIZEMORE:
Minnie married George Grant Isaacs in the hospital just prior to his operation for his appendicitis, which he in turn died from. September 8, 1911.
Children of GEORGE ISAACS and MINNIE
i. DORTHA8 ISAACS, b. January 1890; m. JIM GEORGE.
ii. AUDIE ISAACS, b. March 1891; m. R. ERKIE SALYER.
iii. NANNIE ISAACS, b. 22 August 1893, Castlewoods, Scott County; d. 14 May 1977, Oklahoma City Oklahoma. Burried Dungannon Virginia; m. CHARLES HARRISON BUSH (Source: Marriage License Charles Harrison Bush & Nannie Isaacs May 18, 1914 Scott County Va..), 18 May 1914, Gate City Virginia; b. 15 June 1886, Miller Yard Scott County Virginia; d. September 1946, Dungannon Scott County Virginia..
Notes for NANNIE ISAACS:
After her husbands death Nannie was alone, although she had children in the area (Dungannon), she lived alone. In 1954 her husband's brother Thomas M. III who lived in Oka., also living alone, offered Nannie a home, and all living expenses if she would come live with him and help maintain the house. This she did.
More About NANNIE ISAACS:
Residence: CASTLEWOODS,VA, W. VA., & OK.
Notes for CHARLES HARRISON BUSH:
Charles Marriage License to Eva Richardson shows his
age as 24 which would make his birth date 1886 Eva was 19 years old at Marriage
. Eva's father a Minister married Charles and Eva.
Charles was a miner all his life, moving from place to place for work. Starting in Scott County, Miller Yard area, he moved to Wilder Virginia in 1917, where he worked as a Mine assistant foreman. His next move was to West Virginia around 1927. He then moved to Jewel Ridge Virginia (out side of Richlands Virginia) in 1934/35. In 1937 the coal miners were in the process of forming unions, Charles lost his job, he was in favor of the Union. Then he moved to Pound Virginia for a short time in 1937, moving back to Dungannon the same year. In Dungannon Charles died at age 60 from all the coal dust he had breathed over the years took his ability to breath.
More About CHARLES HARRISON BUSH:
Ocupation: MINNER PYRO
Residence: VA. & W. VA.
iv. BANNA ISAACS, b. 29 September 1895; d. 23 July 1968, RICHMOND VA.; m. W. H. JOHNSON, 03 July 1916; b. 1890; d. 1935.
More About BANNA ISAACS:
More About W. H. JOHNSON:
v. BERTHA ISAACS, b. April
1897; m. WALLSON HILLMAN, 24 January 1912, RUSS CTY..
vi. FIELDING ISAACS, b. 15 March 1899; d. 22 January 1946, SCOTT CTY. VA.; m. (1) EULA PROFFIT; m. (2) ARLENE HALL; m. (3) RENA VAE TYREE, 03 October 1937, Whitesburg, Lecher Co. Ky.; b. 26 November 1918, Nickelsville, Scott Co. Va..
More About FIELDING ISAACS:
vii. BLAINE ISAACS, b. 1901; d. 1986, KINGSPORT TN.; m. LYDIA MAXIE LAWSON, 26 November 1925; b. 26 August 1907.
More About BLAINE ISAACS:
Ocupation: COAL MINER
viii. WILLIE ISAACS, b. 27 July 1902; d. 30 April 1925, SCOTT CTY. VA.; m. LETA MAE KILGORE.
Child of GEORGE ISAACS and MINNIE
ix. SUNSHINE8 ISAACS.
13. MARTHA A7 ISAACS (FIELDING ASHBY6, JOHN HENRY5 ISSACS, FIELDING ASHBY4 ISAACS, GODFREY3, SAMUEL2, SAMUAL1) was born 06 May 1880, and died 05 November 1972 in BURIAL ISAAC CEMETERY CASTLEWOOD VA.. She married JASPER MOORE 18 March 1899. He was born 10 July 1871, and died 12 December 1948.
More About MARTHA A ISAACS:
Children of MARTHA ISAACS and JASPER
i. FIELDING A8 MOORE, b. 14 January 1900; d. 22 April 1900, ISSAC FAMILY CEMETARY CASTLEWOOD VA..
ii. CHARLIE O. MOORE, b. 22 November 1902; d. 28 September 1903, ISSAC FAMILY CEMETARY CASTLEWOOD VA..
iii. GAINS G. MOORE, b. 1911; d. 1960, ISSAC FAMILY CEMETARY CASTLEWOOD VA..
iv. ETHEL MOORE.
If you have comments or suggestions, email me at email@example.com