up

 

Cwmgors

 

 

 

Contributed by Tommy Vaughan of Gwauncaegurwen, March/April 2004

 

Cwmgors Colliery

Cwmgors colliery

 

Gors Street during the 1950s

-War time damage to the roof of Tabernacle in the distance is evident.
Howells' post office/shop is on the right, Rock shop is out of picture to the left of the car.

Gors St

 

 

View from the grassed former colliery tip over Gors Street

-Now Heol y Gors - to the former Howard Park and Betws Mountain beyond

View from tip

 

 

Cwmgors Ladies dressed up in Welsh costumes on a carnival float c 1951

Carnival time

 

  Disused mineral railway near the bridge leading to Howard Park

Disused railway track

 

 

Pantyfedwen houses

Taken by Tommy from the old Cwmgors Colliery tip looking north.
The Pantyfedwen sheltered houses now occupy the former colliery site

Pantyfedwen houses

 

up

Gareth Hicks Copyright notice