up

 

Ystalyfera 1

 

Contributed by Mike Jones, a Swansea Valley artist

 

Panteg Road, Ystalyfera

The chapel building on the right is Panteg Independent Chapel

Panteg Rd Ystalyfera

 


Contributed by Mrs.Winifred Jean Chart of Alltwen, February 2004

 

This picture seems to be a hand drawn Xmas Card

Dated November 18th 1943 from Gwyn the nephew of Mr & Mrs A Langdon at the New Swan Hotel, Ystalyfera.
It looks as if Gwyn was at sea, presumably in the Navy and it was of course during WWII

Xmas card

 

 

Church Road ( from right) and 'Tyle'r Mount' Ystalyfera in 1909

Church Rd

 


Former Royal Mail Delivery Office, Old Tram Rd, Ystalyfera

The following text and *photographs were copied on 1 Dec 2010 from  the the site of Rowland Jones (Chartered Surveyors) who are selling the property ...............

"The subject property, the former Royal Mail delivery office, comprises a brick work building, garage and external stores all situated within a secure site surrounded by a palisade fence.  The total site has an area of 577.15 m2 (0.14 acres).Internally, the main building offers one large open plan hall, leading down stairs to a staff area, kitchen, cloak room and WC facilities"

The property has been for sale from at least May 2010

*NB. These photographs are the property of Rowland Jones (Chartered Surveyors)

Former Royal Mail Delivery Office

Former Royal Mail Delivery Office

 


Gurnos Ind. Chapel, Gurnos Road, Ystalyfera

Below is a part extract from the Chapels database entry on this site
"The Wesleyans and Independents worshipped together at Gurnos for 17 years, but in 1856 the Wesleyans, sold the chapel to the Independents for 194.
The Rev Benjamin Thomas was the first pastor here, by 1859 membership was 200. When the chapel was rebuilt they worshipped with the Wesleyans in Seion Chapel. The Rev B Thomas resigned in 1884 after 26 years of service on health grounds.
The Rev John Thomas came next in 1886. When the chapel was being extended in 1913, services were held in the Coliseum. ......"

 

The following text and *photographs were copied on 1 Dec 2010 from  the the site of Rowland Jones (Chartered Surveyors) who are selling the property ...............

"The property comprises a large two storey Chapel constructed in the 19th century
The Chapel is not listed.  Internally, the Chapel comprises an entrance lobby, congregational area with a first floor gallery, a vestry and kitchen facilities to the rear and W/C which is accessed externally. There is also a small forecourt to the front of the premises.

The property has been for sale from at least April 2010

*NB. These photographs are the property of Rowland Jones (Chartered Surveyors)

Gurnos Ind chapel, Ystalyfera

Gurnos Ind chapel, Ystalyfera

Gurnos Ind chapel, Ystalyfera

 

up  

Gareth Hicks Copyright notice