REAGAN, Nancy Davis [*1923-?] -- American actress, former First Lady
Nancy Reagan was born Anne Frances Robbins in New York City. When she was six, her mother, actress Edith Luckett, ¤ married Dr. Loyal Davis, a prominent Chicago neurosurgeon. Davis adopted Nancy, who was raised in Chicago. After majoring in theater at Smith College, Nancy became an actress, performing on Broadway and making several movies. In 1952 she married Ronald Reagan, ¤ president of the Screen Actors Guild. After several more films, including "Hellcats of the Navy", opposite her husband, Nancy retired.
Ronald went on to become President of the U. S. The Reagans had two children, Patricia Ann and Ronald Prescott.
A glamorous first lady,
Nancy promoted the Foster Grandparent Program and anti-drug programs.
She also supervised a renovation of the second and third floors of the White House.
Currently she cares for Reagan,
who has Alzheimer's disease, and is active with the Alzheimer's Foundation.
Bookmarks (off-site links)
- Works by
- Works about
- Specific periods, events, aspects
- BIOGRAPHY OF NANCY REAGAN
- Nancy Davis Reagan Official White House biography
- Nancy (Davis) Reagan page of David G. Stuart's family history
- Nancy Davis Reagan
- Reagan, Nancy Davis - A-to-Z History - DiscoverySchool.com
- Reagan Christening Bios: Nancy Reagan
- First Ladies: Anne Francis Reagan
Who Is Nancy Reagan?
John T. Marck
- Memorials, tributes, shrines
- Bibliographies and Link Farms
- Historical context, background
- Spouse: ¤REAGAN, Ronald Wilson [1911-2004] American actor and politician, 40° POTUS
- Mother: ¤LUCKETT, Edith [1896-1987] American actress