Edward II of Caernarvon [1284-1327] -- English monarch
a/k/aEngland (1307-1327), King
Ireland (1307-1327), Lord of
Invested as the first Prince of Wales.
Disasterous military campaigns in Scotland,
e.g. Bannockburn (1314).
He came to a bad end:
Deposed and murdered by a red-hot poker in his bowels.
(This was a common treatment for homosexuals at the time.)
Bookmarks (off-site links)
- Vivísimo - Clustered search on edward II plantagenet
- Ixquick Metasearch
- Works by
- Works about
- Specific periods, events, aspects. Trivia.
- Chronologies, synopses
- World History, Rulers, Edward II, Kings, Queens, Great Britain
- Knitting Circle Edward II His relationship with his tutor, Piers Gaveston
- Richard III Soc.-Wood Symposium-Jeffrey Hamilton A different theory of the relationship of Edward and Piers Gaveston.
- History of the Monarchy > The Plantagenets > Edward II With fine image
- Memorials, tributes, shrines
- Bibliographies and Link Farms
- Collections, archives - Papers
- Historical context, background
- IMDb character search Films in which he is portrayed