Edward V [1470-1483] -- English monarch
a/k/aEngland (1483), King
Ireland (1483), Lord of
Acceded 9 APR 1483 (at the age of 12),
was imprisoned in the Tower of London by his uncle,
the Duke of Gloucester,
who had been appointed regent on account of Edward's youth.
Died 22 Jun 1483 together with his younger brother,
Richard, Duke of York.
It is presumed that they were murdered by henchmen of
their uncle, who was shortly after crowned Richard III.
Bookmarks (off-site links)
- Works by
- Works about
- Memorials, tributes, shrines
- Bibliographies and Link Farms
- Maximilian Genealogy Master Database 2000 - pafn18 - Generated by Personal Ancestral File Miscellaneous notes
- Historical context, background
- Father & Predecessor: ¤Edward IV [1442-1483] English monarch
- Uncle & Successor: ¤Richard III "Crookback" [1452-1485] English Monarch