Most Holy Trinity Church and School Detroit, Michigan 1910
Most Holy Trinity Parish
The congregation of the Most Holy Trinity is the oldest English speaking Catholic community in the city, having been founded in 1834 by Rt. Rev. Bishop Rese, first Bishop of Detroit. Rev. Martin Kundig became its first pastor.
This old parish remained in existence until the year 1848, when it was merged for a short time with the Cathedral of SS. Peter and Paul, now the Jesuit Church. The present church edifice was erected in 1855 by Rev. Father Peters. The present pastor, Rev. James Savage, became curator in 1869, and has been at the head of the congregation since 1887.
The parish maintains a flourishing school, in charge of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary from Monroe. (page 12)
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910