Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
St. Peter and St. Paul Cathedral and Church and School 1910
SS. Peter and Paul Cathedral, Detroit Michigan 1910
The Parish of SS. Peter and Paul was founded in 1862. It was then known by the name of St. Patrick. The name was changed to its present title when Bishop Foley made it the Cathedral Parish of the Diocese. The Very Rev. M.J.P. Dempsey was appointed administrator of the parish in 1894. For many years before this he was Chancellor of the Diocese. In 1901 he succeeded the Very Rev. Monsignor Edward Joos as Vicar General. The school, which is located on Parson Place and Cass Avenue, was erected by the Very Rev. M.J.P. Dempsey. The architect was Leon Coquard. It is one of the finest school buildings, public or private, in the city. The children are taught by the Sister Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary from Monroe.
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910