Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
St. Stanislaus' Parish
St. Stanislaus Parish, Detroit Michigan 1910
1910--The year 1898 marked the commencement of the history of St. Stanislaus' parish. Bishop Foley founded the parish and appointed Rev. F.G. Zella to its rectorship. Since its foundation the parish has built a new school, that can readily accommodate one thousand pupils. Eight hundred and fifteen children are the present enrollment, and the Felician Sisters are the teachers.
Rev. F.G. Zella has been identified with the parish since its foundation. He received his early education in the Detroit College and his theological and philosophical training at St Francis' Seminary in Milwaukee. He was ordained by Bishop Foley in 1893. In his parochial work he is assisted by Rev. N.W. Zbranice.
St. Stanislaus' church is located at Dubois street and Medbury avenue. (page 32)
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910