Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
St. Alphonsus Parish, Greenfield Michigan 1910
1910--The German Catholic community located at Springwells, Michigan, organized St. Alphonsus congregation in 1852. This was the second German Catholic parish in the Diocese of Detroit. Its first pastor was Rev. P. Schaeffler, A Redemptorist Father, who resided at St. Mary's in Detroit; he built the church, and it was dedicated by Bishop Le Fevre on October 10, 1852.
The present rector, Rev. Anthony Joseph Buechsenmann, took charge on June 10, 1897; he was pastor of the church at North Dorr, Allegan County, for eighteen years. Since his occupancy he erected the new presbytery, renovated the church, and has made other improvements in the church property. (page 42)
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910