Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
Sacred Heart Academy, Jefferson Avenue, Detroit, Michigan 1910
1910--The Madames of the Sacred Heart established their institutions of learning in the Diocese of Detroit in the year 1850. Their first location was on Jefferson Avenue, at the corner of St. Antoine Street. Here they maintained a boarding and day school for many years. In 1885 the boarding department was severed from the day school. and removed to Grosse Pointe, a suburb of Detroit.
Their course of study extends through Primary, Intermediate and College Preparatory work.
The excellent day school conducted by the Madames of the Sacred Heart still occupies its original convenient location on Jefferson Avenue. (page 45)
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910