Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
Dominician Nuns of the Monastery of the Blessed Sacrament Detroit, Michigan 1910
1910--In April 1906, the Rt. Rev. Bishop Foley very kindly received in Detroit a few sisters to make a foundation of their Order here.
These Sisters belong to the Second Order of St. Dominic. They are strictly cloistered, and devote their lives to the spiritual works of mercy, praying for all the needs of the Church and of souls. The Divine Office recited in Choir is their official prayer.
The Community comprises three classes of Sisters: The Choir Nuns, the Lay Sisters enclosed and following in all points the same rule as the Choir Nuns (save the obligation of the Divine Office); and the Outside Sisters, who devote themselves to the care of the chapel and to providing for the needs of the Community. These belong to the Third Order of St. Dominic, and occupy a part of the convent outside of the Nuns' enclosure.
They also offer constant reparation to God, so forgotten, so sinned against. They keep company to that Eucharist God and offer Him the unceasing worship He so deserves. Since our Lord, in His mercy and love, deigns to dwell among us, is it not fitting that He should call a few to remain with Him all the time, to spend their lives for the great ends of adoration, reparation, thanksgiving and petition? (page 53)
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910