- Daniel street, 87 Alma St.
- Matthias John, carpenter
5 John Daniel, apartments
7 Simpson James
9 Ellis William
11 Noble James
12 Thomas Rev. John Pardoe [Particular Baptist]
13 White William
14 Jones Evan
20 Moore William, builder
- David street, Pill, Wolseley st.
- 27 Durant George, grocer
- Dean street, 30 Church rd.
- 8 Swattridge George, shopkeeper
- ...... here is Junction road......
- 16 Gough George Henry shopkeeper
19 Gorman James, beer retailer
- ...... here is Caerleon rd......
- 39 Young Wm. chimney sweeper
40 Cox William, shopkeeper
- Depot street, 51 Bridge st.
- 5 Phillips Henry, carpenter
- Devon place, Mill street.
- 3 Davies Wm. commercial traveller
5 Leonard George, cowkeeper
9 Jones Mrs
10 Moorshead Mrs
11 Hedges Mrs
16 Payne Henry
17 Hopkins Mrs
18 Pearse George, grocer
20 Watkins Lewis, florist
Great Western Railway Engineers' Office
27 Brown Mrs
34 Marsh John
35 Gorman Mrs. Margaret Ann, apartments
36 Gatehouse Arthur, apartments
- ...... here is Godfrey road ......
- 37 Williams William John
38 Howells William James
39 Greenland George, jun.
40 Greenland Herbert
41 Williams Herbert
42 Greenland George
- ...... here is Stanley road ......
- 43 Stream John
44 Morgan Charles Edward
45 Jones A. Ernest
46 Taylor William
47 Delamare Francis
48 Diamond Thos. George builder
49 Kendall Samuel
50 Richards Thomas
51 Richards John
52 Wall Jeremiah
- Dock parade,Pill, Church st.
- Richards & Hopkins,engnrs
Welsh House Fuel Company
5 Powell Charles, shopkeeper
6 Quest Mrs.Teresa, shopkeeper
9 Murison Richard, beer retailer
11 Williams Mrs. Harriet, shopkeeper
14 Dock hotel, William John Evans
- Dock street, High street.
- 1 Wilcox Edwin, rope maker
3 Carter William hair dresser
4 Phillips Mrs.Anne, tobacconist
5 Hosking Mrs. Harriet, boot maker
6 Handy Herbert, cabinet maker
7 Vaughan Daniel A. potato merchant
8 & 9 Thorne George Fredk., grocer &c
10 Nicholas & Co. Limited, timber merchants &c
11 & 12 Smith & Co. (Newport) Limited, corn merchants
13 Dudley, Strong & Co. brush makers
14 Frost Alfred, corn dealer
15 McMahon &Co., potato merchants
- ......here is Skinner street......
- 17 Baker W. A. & Co.Limited.(warehouse)
18 South Wales Tinware Manufacturing Co. Lim
18 Windsor Castle P.H., William Evans Jones
20 Chambers Francis,shopkeeper
- ......here is Corn street......
- 22 Potters' Arms P.H. Charles A. Anstee
23 Shewring, sen. & Cox, sign writers
24 Wainwright Samuel, umbrella maker
26 Stone John K. accountant. &c
26 First Newport Model Building Society, John Stone,sec.
26 Lawrence Benjamin & Son, architects
26 Batchelor T. B. & S. & Co. timber merchants
27 Newport Temperance Hall, F. J. Heybryne, secretary
27 Newport Temperance Society, E. Mildren, secretary
28 County Court, H. J. Davis, registrar
Central Fire Station
32 Wood Mrs. Elizabeth, yeast merchant
33 & 167 to 171, Working Men's Co-operative Industrial Society Limited
34 Warhurst John Edwin, boot maker
- ..... here is Llanarth street......
- 35 Borough Arms P.H., Mrs. Ellen Enirey
36 Vaux George, hair dresser
36 James Richard, coal merchant
- ......here is Union Lane ......
- 37 Cartwright Harding, beer retailer
39 Wade & Son, solicitors
42, 43 & 67 Tovey Brothers, undertakers &c
44 Hornby Louis Henry solicitor
45 Needham Jas. C., coal merchant
46 Murphy Michael Jos. harness maker
47 Broome Fredk. R., furn.bro
48 Jenkins Turberville L., solicitor
- ........ here is Union street ......
- 50 Perman Edward M.S.I. sanitary engineer
51 Williams & Co., solicitors
52 Newport Rubber Co .
54 Overstone Lloyd, solicitor
54 Thorburn William travelling draper
56A Matthews Albert, cycle agent
56 Cox Isaac, Stone mason
- ......here is Emlyn terrace......
- ......here is a railway crossing......
- ......here is Emlyn street.. ......
- 57 Thompson James, coal merchant
- ......here is Cross lane......
- ......here is Caroline street......
- 63 Monks John & Co. stone merchants
64 Monmouthshire & Cwm Collieries Co.
65 Prosser Henry, householder
66 Gueret L. Limited, coal exporters
66 James & Emanuel, colliery proprietors
66 Richards Charles Watkins, coal merchant
- ......here is Dumfries place ......
- 67, 42 & 43 Tovey Brothers, undertakers &c
69 Thompson George R., F.S.I., public analyst
70 Fothergill George, tobacco manufacturer
71 Patent Nut & Bolt Co. Limited, colliery proprietors
71 Smith J. L. & Co. colliery proprietors
71 Rhymney Iron Co.Limited, colliery proprietors
72 Stanley Miss Rachel, beer retailer
73 & 75 Frazer & Co., ship chandlers
74 Custom House, William Ludgate Massy, collector & surveyor &c.
75 &,73 Frazer & Co., ship chandlers
76 Newport & South Wales Wine & Spirit Co. Lim. (bonded stores)
76.Dawson T. & Co. ship chandlers
77 & 81 Maybury & Co. builders' merchants
77 Pond Christopher, coal shipper
77 Johnsen Fredk.shipping agent
78 Poole James, coal merchant
78 Argentine Republic Consulate, Theobaldo Checchi, consul
79 & 80 Railway hotel, James Herbert
81 & 77 Maybury & Co. builders' merchants
Great Western Railway Goods Depot, John Williams, agent
83 Great Western Railway Coffee Tavern Co. Lim
- ......here is Canal terrace......
- ......here is Dolphin street......
- 84 Pugsley Thomas & Co., ship chandlers
84 Irwin Steamship Co. Lim
85 Gething Robert jun. & Co., ship brokers
85 Monmouthshire Steam Ship Co. Limited
86 Portuguese Consulate, B.C. Amaral, consul
86 Swedish & Norwegian Consulate, William T. Ford, consul
87 Moore George Henry
88 Caledonian P.H., Alfred Charles Clissett
89 Austrian & Hungarian Consulate, John W. Beynon, consul
89 Chilian Consulate, John W. Beynon, consul
89 Beynon T. & Co., Limited, ship owners, & Lloyd's agents
90 Newport Abercarn Black Vein Steam Coal Co. Lim
91 Richmond P.H., Mrs. Henrietta Derrett
- ......here is South Market street......
- 92 Eagle P.H. Mrs. Emma Jones
93 Partridge, Jones & Co. Limited, coal shippers
94 Williams Edwd.E., chronometer maker
95 Twist Roger & Son, ship chandlers
96 Williams Jonathan & Co. colliery proprietors
96 Tir-Pentwys Black Vein Steam Coal &Coke Co. Limited
97 Chief Telegraph Office & Branch Post Office, William H. Gough, supt
98 Budd & Co. ship brokers
101 Filleul A.P.& Co.ship brokers
102 Harper Thomas & Sons, ship chandlers
103 Howe Frank Rd., coal shipper
- ......here is John street......
- 104 Blaenavon Co. Limited, colliery proprietors &c
104 Lancaster John & Co. Limited, colliery proprietors
104 Tapson A.H. & Co., ship brokers
104 Jones E. P. & Son, colliery agents
104 Parry Robert, Great Western Railway goods station master
105 Bargoed Coal Co.Limited, colliery proprietors
10S Rennie, Wilkinson & Co.ship brokers
106 Hoskins & Llewellyn, colliery proprietors
106 Downing & Handcock, solicitors
106 Hunter William Chas., solicitor
107 Jones (G.W.), Heard & Co., ship brokers
Costa Rican Consulate;
William E. Heard, consul
William E. Heard, vice-consul
United States of America Consular Agency
William E. Heard, consular agent
108 Board of Trade & Mercantile Marine Office, William Powell R.N.R. supt
108 Hermessen Louis, ship & timber broker
108 Isca Coal Co., coal merchants
108 Maddock Jas., shipping agent
- ......here is Ruperra st......
- 110 Masonic (The) P.H., Mrs. Annie Jones
111 Huss Charles H. & Co., ship chandlers
112 Jones Richard W. & Co., ship owners
Thomas Jones, vice-consul
113 Vipond John & Co. Lim., colliery proprietors
114 Goss O. & Co., ship chandlers &c
115 Vulcan P.H., David Michael
116 Cory Brothers & Co. Lim., colliery proprietors &c
116 Thomas J. F. & Co., ship brokers
- ......here is George street......
- 117 & 128 Jesseman W. & Co., india rubber goods manufacturers
118 Brooks F. W. & Co. ship brokers
118 Humphreys Griffith M., shipping agent
119 Shipping Federation Limited
120 Stephens, Mawson & Co., coal shippers
121 Griffiths C. & J., manufacturing clothiers
122 Pyman, Watson & Co. Limited, coal shippers
122 Newport Shipowners'Association
122 Harrison J. & C. Limited, coal shippers
123 Cory, Sons & Co.'s Trading Co. Limited, coal exporters &c
123 Boddy John, consulting engineer
123 Morel Limited, ship brokers
123 Segger W. H. & Co., ship store merchants
124 Newport Harbour Commissioners, A. J. Phillips, clerk
124 Pilotage Board, Edwin J.Summers,clerk
125 Wilks Thomas & Co. ship brokers
126 Myers Joseph, pawnbroker
128 & 137 Jesseman W. & Company, india rubber goods warehouse
129 London & North-Western Railway Co. Alfred H. Brown. agent
130 Bernasconi F. & Co., ship chandlers
131 Blow William ship broker
131 Lilly J. & Co.ship owners,
132 Orders & Handford Steamship Co. Limited
- ......here is Melton street......
- 139 Watts, Watts & Co., ship. brokers
139 Risca Colliery Explosion Relief Fund, James H.Winn, hon. secretary
140 Bennett Mrs Mary, greengrocer
142 Reed Mrs. Prudence, news agent
143 Davies Benjamin, boot maker
144 Gee John, herbalist
145 Allen Arthur, grocer
- ......here is Ebenezer terrace ......
- 146 Hope & Anchor P.H., Frederick S. Kelly
- ......here is Emlyn street......
- 148 Ball Mrs. Sarah, dining rooms.
149 Southall John E., printer &c
150 Hammond Edward A.Limited, hauliers
151 White & Little, dentists
152 Townsend Miss Emma M., dress maker
153 Belgion Mrs. A., servants' registry
154 Pullen William & Sons, painters
155 Hicks Francis, haulier
156 Watkins & Brown, architects
157 Brangham Henry, corn dealer
- ......here is Bream place......
- 158 Public Library, Reading Room, Museum & Art Gallery
PILLAR LETTER BOX
159 Aberdeen & South Wales Monumental Company Limited, stone masons
160 Alger R. & Sons, electrical engineers
161 Heirens Daniel, common lodging house
163A Street Henry, cycle repairer
164 to 166 & 183 to 185, Phillips Wolfe, pawnbroker.
- ......here is Llanarth street......
- 167 to 171 & 33 Working Men's Co-operative Industrial Society Limited
172 Taylor Stephen, baker & confectioner
- ......here is Friars street......
- Kenvyn & Co. provision merchants
- ......here is Austin friars......
- BACK OF TOWN HALL:
Borough Treasurer's Office
Police Court Entrance
- ......here is Corn street......
- Baker W. A. & Co. Lim. (works)
181 Bolt Brothers Limited, warehousemen
181 Cook W. & R. Limited, wholesale clothiers
183 to 185, 164 to 166 Phillips Wolfe, pawnbroker
186 Gill Thomas S., grindery dealer
- ......here is Griffin street......
- 187 Little Samuel & Co., tailors
188 Narbett & Stephens, harness makers
189 & 190 Harris Ernest Edwin, furniture dealer
- ......entrance to Market hall......
- 191 Williams William A., draper
192 Jones William, ironmonger
193 Packer Harry, provisions merchant
194 Nancekevill Edward J., saddler
- ......here is Market street......
- 195 Jacobs A. J. & Son, pawnbrokers
196 to 198 Dennis & Co. Lim., fruit &c. salesmen
199 The Steam Packet P.H., John Partridge
200 Hall John, ironmonger
201 Bibby William, watch maker
202 Swalwell & Creighton, architects
203 The King's Head Tap P.H., W.M. Blackburn
- Dolphin street, 46 Commercial road.
- 5 Matthews Edward, grocer
- ......here is West Market street.......
- 6 & 7 Dolphin P.H., David Evans
18 Beaton Henry Priddle, baker &c
- ......here is East Market st......
- ......here is Dock street......
- Cole William F., consulting engineer
56 Davies Mrs.Agnes, dress maker
68 Hockey Fredk., baker &c
- ......here is Duke street......
- 86 Davies Mrs. Anna Maria, greengrocer
87 Hobbs Mrs.Lucy, confectioner
97 Hedges John, hair dresser
- Dos road, Barrack hill.
- ......here is Canal street......
- 18 Snell William, grocer
21 Cox John, mason
- ......here is Hopefield ......
- 44 James John, shopkeeper
- Duckpool road, Maindee, Albert avenue.
- 4 Edwards John, secondhand bookseller
5 Morgan Francis, smith
6 Shatford Tom, working cutler
7 Vacara Thomas, fried fish shop
8 Lacey Mrs. Kathleen A., shopkeeper
- ......here is Fair Oak terrace ......
- 32 Andrews Jesse, haulier
33 Perrett William, cab proprietor
35 Perrett William Francis, cab proprietor
39 Florida Mrs.Lilly, dressmaker
41 Hathway Miss Lizzie, teacher of music
44 Parker George, wholesale beer dealer
- ...... here is Bristol street......
- ...... here is Church road......
- BAPTIST CHAPEL
51 Powis Jarnes
55 Martin John, shopkeeper
- ......here is Junction road & Caerleon road......
- ......here is Ronald road ......
- 95 Busby William Geo., photographer
98 Tucker James, grocer
- ......here is Leicester road......
- 99 BaldwinWyndham, painter
100 Clark Fredk.,. insurance agent
105 Williams Mrs. Margaret, shopkeeper
109 Turner Edwin, grocer
- ......here is Summerhill road......
- 110 Forward Mrs.Annie, draper
111 Jones Edward F., boot maker
114 Vanstone Owen Jas., butcher
128 Warren Jas. shopkeeper
129 Boulton Henry Joseph, beer retailer
- ......here is Maindee parade ......
- 130 Star P.H., Charles Eddolls
137 Powis Jas., wheelwright
142 & 143 Hurley R. & Son, mineral water manufrs
- Duke street, 19 Bolt street.
- Bolt Street Board School
- Durham road, Maindee, Constance street.
- White William Isaac, grocer and TOWN SUB-POST & M.O., S.B., A. & I. Office. Telegrams can be handed in only at this office & telegraph money orders are issued but not paid.
47 Taylor George, painter
83 White Henry, shopkeeper
103 White Frank, grocer
- .......here is Stafford road......
- 115 Symonds Edward, shopkeeper
6 Davies Mrs. Jane, dress maker
38 Powell George, dairyman
- ......here is York road ......
- 94 Gillman Ebenezer, boot maker
- ......here is Orchard street......
- 96 Harris James, shopkeeper
ST.JOHN'S MISSION CHURCH
- ......here is Stafford road......
- ......here are Oak & Bank streets......