Kelly's Directory of Monmouthshire,1901
The proprietors trust that the present Edition of Kelly's Directory of Monmouthshire may be found at least equal in accuracy to the previous ones. Every place in Monmouthshire, and every parish will again be found to be included in the book. The Letters M.O.O. and S.B. are abbreviations adopted by H.M. Post Office to represent Money Order Office and Savings Bank.
LLANHENNOCK is a parish on the banks of the river Usk and the road from Newport to Monmouth, 1 miles north-east-by-north from Caerleon station on the Hereford section of the Great Western railway, 5 north-east from Newport and 5 south from Usk, in the Southern division of the county, lower division of Usk hundred, petty sessional division of Caerleon, union of Newport, county court district of Usk, rural deanery of Caerleon, archdeaconry of Monmouth and diocese of Llandaff.

Of the ancient church of St. Gwenoc, which formerly stood at the juncture of the Soar brook with the Usk, no traces now remain. The church of St. John the Baptist, rebuilt in 1863, is an edifice of stone, in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, north aisle, south porch and an embattled western tower containing 2 bells: the tower was restored and new roofed in 1898, at a cost of 130: there are 140 sittings. The chalice now in use is dated 1576. The register of baptisms and burials dates from the year 1695; marriages, 1697.

The living is a rectory, net income 120, with 40 acres of glebe, in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Llandaff, and held since 1876 by the Rev. Henry Davies, of St. David's College, Lampeter.

There is a reading and recreation room near the church.

Glen-Usk House is the residence of Charles Herbert Firbank esq. John Capel Hanbury esq. of Pontypool Park, who is lord of the manor, Col. Sir Arthur William Mackworth bart. R.E. of The Priory, Caerleon, and Charles Nicholson esq. of Llwyn-y-Celyn, Llangibby, are the chief landowners.

The soil is stony loam; subsoil, gravel and clay. The chief crops are wheat and barley. The area is 1,471 acres of land, 2 of water, 13 of tidal water, and 14 of foreshore; rateable value, 1,670; the population in 1891 was 214.

Letters through Newport arrive at 8 a.m. The nearest money order & telegraph office is at Caerleon, about 2 miles distant.
Wall Letter Box, cleared at 10 a.m. & 4.55 p.m., week days only.
Wall Letter Box, opposite Glen Usk House, cleared at 8.15 a.m. & 4.30 p.m. week days only.

School (mixed), built in 1851, for 60 children; average attendance, 32; Mrs. Sarah Parrott, mistress

Davies Rev. Henry, (rector), The Rectory
Davies Owen, The Firs
Firbank Charles Herbert J.P. Glen Usk house
Heard William Sydney, Oaklands
Maddock James, Woodbank
Masters George, Ivy bridge
Nicholas John William, Frondeg

Arthur William, blacksmith & wheelwright, Garth
Davies William, farmer, Pantgwyn
Evans Alfred, miller (water), & saw mills, Soar mill
Evans Eliza (Mrs.), farmer, Pencraig vach
George Thomas, farmer, White house
Harris Edward, farmer, Ty coch
James Thos., farmer, Pencraig fawr farm
Jones William, farmer, Berllandeg
Lewis Joseph, Wheatsheaf inn P.H
Meredith William, shopkeeper
Morgan Catherine (Mrs.), farmer, Llansoar fawr
Parrott Sarah (Mrs.), schoolmistress, Schoolhouse
Price George, farmer, Clomendy
Snell Thomas, blacksmith
Snell William Henry, blacksmith & assistant overseer