If a documented source is
not listed please do not take the information as fact but as a place to start to
find the truth.
Descendants of George Washington ALLEN
Generation No. 1
1. GEORGE WASHINGTON2 ALLEN (UNKNOWN1) was born Apr 1844 in New York, and died 20 Jan 1907 in Berwyn, Custer, Nebraska. He married (1) MATILDA HIATT (Source: Information about this line from XWORD@aol.co - Paul 1998.) 26 Mar 1863 in Fremont County, Iowa. She died 05 May 1873. He married (2) NANCY ABERNATHY 31 Jul 1873. She was born 1855, and died 30 Dec 1874. He married (3) NANCY JANE HOPKINS 18 Feb 1875 in Winerset, Madison, Iowa, daughter of JAMES HOPKINS and MARY SNODGRASS. She was born 06 Jun 1853 in Indianapolis, Marion, Indiana, and died 04 Sep 1936 in Berwyn, Custer, Nebraska.
Notes for GEORGE WASHINGTON ALLEN: FAMILY HISTORY OF GEORGE WASHINGTON ALLEN Compiled by: Mable E. Allen, Newport, WA.
So far I haven't been able to trace George Washington Allen back to his parents. He was born 1836 in New York State. (This information is from court records and census. All have the same birth place.) Stories handed down are: His parents died and he was raised by two unknown maiden aunts. He ran away at the age of 15 and nothing else is heard of him until he married Matilda Eveline Hiatt.
After Matilda's death George married Nancy Abernathy. (Source: Madison County, Iowa , District Court clerk..) Marriage: George W. Allen to Nancy Abernathy, 07-31-1873--by D. Baxter, Justice of Peace and affidavit signed by Abijah Abernathy, as to full age. (Nancy's brother.) Birth date 1848 NY came from 1900 Census Berwyn, Custer , Nebraska. pg 2 Sup.#6 EN.Dist.60 Sht.3B
Family Histories- a book in NE Library Allen-Loy Family by Bernice Allen Loy
George William Allen married Nancy Jane Hopkins. To this union was born seven children: Alfred, Lewis, Walter, Oliver, Richard, Charlotte, and Fannie. The family of George and Nancy was raised and educated in the Berwyn vicinity. George was a farmer. George and Nancy lived on a tree claim in Custer County. After George's death Nancy and her mother Francis lived on the tree claim until 1909.
In the records of Walnut Twp, Madison County, Iowa, George W. Allen bought 120 acres for $100. He paid cash for it in 1872, later lost it to creditors who sued to recover their money. This is on record at Winterset Court House.
Martha Allen was born in Iowa, but soon after George and Nancy left Iowa , where he had been farming with Nancy's father James Hopkins, soon after she was born. They went to Lancaster County NE where Guye James Allen was born.
1880 Census: Lancaster County, NE
Broken Bow Twp., Custer Co, NE - 1885 Census
John 21 was listed in separate household and Guye James is not listed. In the 1885 census Sarah age 13 and Guye James are not listed.
NOTES: Story as told to Mable Allen by Ethel (Hopkins) Spenser, the daughter of May Belle (Allen) Hopkins, goes like this: May Belle had a sister that died when she started menstruation. She had tried to wash herself in a creek in cold weather, that caused complications and she died. A few days later. So this could account for Sarah's disappearance, the age would be right.
When the Allen family left Lancaster Co., NE they went to Butler Co., NE. Alfred Eldridge Allen was born 08-25-1882. George Washington Allen had moved to Custer County and on 07-23-1882 he took out a homestead claim. Nancy must have stayed in Butler County because Alfred was born there a month later. In November of 1884, Lewis Christfer was born in Custer County.
The first homestead claim George W. Allen filled out, March 2, 1889 on section W1/2, NW1/4, section 32-12-6, which he did not perfect title to because of grasshoppers. The one he filed in 1890, according to Custer County records was W1/2, NW1/4,and N1/2, SW1/4, section 24-16N-19W-160 acres, which he owned until he died. It also said in the homestead papers that he and his family were away from the homestead for several months after their crops burned out. They went to Enid, Oklahoma to work in the harvest. Nancy's brothers had settled in that area. Her brothers were involved in the big race to claim land when the Oklahoma Territory opened up. Fannie Okly Allen was born in Enid, Oklahoma, she was George and Nancy's eleventh child.
George Washington Allen died 01-20-1907 at the age of 71 years in Berwyn, Custer County, NE. He is buried in Janesville Cemetery. Nancy out lived him 29 years, she is buried in Janesville Cemetery next to George W. Allen and their daughter Clara who died at the age of twelve, she had diphtheria. After George Allen's death, Nancy Jane (Hopkins) Allen moved to Berwyn, NE and rented the farm to her son. Alfred E. Allen, her son bought the home place in later years.
James and Mary Frances (Snodgrass) Hopkins are also buried in the Janesville Cemetery, they are Nancy's parents.
Notes for MATILDA HIATT: Matilda died 05-05-1873. It is said that she died in child birth, this may be true, but there is no baby's grave near hers. She is buried in Ebenezer Cemetery, Walnut County, Madison, Iowa. Her father James Hiatt is buried next to her.
Notes for NANCY ABERNATHY: After Mitilda's death George married Nancy Abernathy. (Source: Madison County, Iowa , District Court clerk..) Marriage: George W. Allen to Nancy Abernathy, 07-31-1873--by D. Baxter, Justice of Peace and affidavit signed by Abijah Abernathy, as to full age. (Nancy's brother.)
Nancy (Abernathy) Allen died 12-30-1874, age 19, in child birth. Nancy was buried in the Ebenezer Cemetery. The baby girl, Stella, was raised by Nancy's parents. Stella is mentioned in George W. Allen's will.
Notes for NANCY JANE HOPKINS: 09-04-1936 MRS. GEORGE ALLEN of Berwyn
Nancy Jane Hopkins, she was born in Indianapolis, Indiana June 6, 1853 and died at her home in Berwyn, Nebraska on September 04, 1936, at the age of 83 years, 2 months and 29 days. When a child she moved to Iowa with her parents.
She was united in marriage to George Allen at Winterset, Iowa in 1879 and moved to Custer County, Nebraska in 1884. To this union, eleven children were born, seven boys and four girls. Her husband and two children, a boy and a girl preceded her in death.
In grandma Allen's obituary it says she had 11 children, 7 boys, and 4 girls, two children that preceded her in death. Which would be Guye James and Clara. Sarah was not Nancy's daughter, her mother was Matilda (Hiatt) Allen Buried Janesville Cemetery Custer county, Nebraska https://sites.rootsweb.com/~necuste2/Cemeters/janesvll.htm
Children of GEORGE ALLEN and MATILDA HIATT are:
Children of GEORGE ALLEN and NANCY HOPKINS are:
Buried Canyon Hill Cemetery in Caldwell, Idaho
9. xiv. CHARLOTTE FRANCIS ALLEN, b. 28 Feb 1892, Berwyn, Custer, Nebraska; d. 07 Jan 1979, Gillette, Campbell, Wyoming.
10. xv. FANNIE OKLA ALLEN, b. 29 Oct 1894, Enid, Garfield, Oklahoma; d. 24 Mar 1953, Sheridan, Wyoming.
Generation No. 2
2. FRANK3 ALLEN (GEORGE WASHINGTON2, UNKNOWN1) was born 1869. He married UNKNOWN.
Children of FRANK ALLEN and UNKNOWN are:
3. MAY BELLE3 ALLEN (GEORGE WASHINGTON2, UNKNOWN1) (Source: Information about this line from XWORD@aol.com - Paul 1998.) was born 20 Sep 1870 in Des Moines, Iowa, and died 07 Jan 1948 in Caldwell, Idaho. She married JOHN GUYE HOPKINS 05 Apr 1885, son of JAMES HOPKINS and MARY SNODGRASS. He was born 02 Aug 1862 in Indiana, and died Nov 1943 in Caldwell, Idaho. 1900 Census Oklahoma
Children of MAY ALLEN and JOHN HOPKINS are:
ii. Calvin Hopkins, b. Jan 1890 Nebraska
iii. GEORGE HOPKINS., Jun 1892 Oklahoma
iv. ETHEL HOPKINS. May 1894 Oklahoma
v. John W. Hopkins, Apr 1897 Oklahoma
vi. VIRGIL HOPKINS., May 1899 Oklahoma
4. MARTHA3 ALLEN (GEORGE WASHINGTON2, UNKNOWN1) was born 17 Feb 1876 in Winerset, Madison, Iowa, and died 01 Jan 1964 in Enid, Oklahoma. She married JAMES M BLANCHARD 17 Feb 1892 in Broken Bow, McCurtain, Oklahoma. He was born Jul 1858 in Illinois.
Notes for JAMES M BLANCHARD: 1900 Census Ok Garfield County pg 218A
Children of MARTHA ALLEN and JAMES BLANCHARD are:
5. ALFRED ELDRIDGE3 ALLEN (GEORGE WASHINGTON2, UNKNOWN1) was born 25 Aug 1882 in Custer, Nebraska, and died 19 May 1962 in Idaho. He married PEARL ANN YOUNG 05 Jul 1904 in Nebraska.
Children of ALFRED ALLEN and PEARL YOUNG are:
Living in Spokane Washington as of 1998
6. LEWIS CHRISTOPHER3 ALLEN (GEORGE WASHINGTON2, UNKNOWN1) was born 18 Nov 1884 in , Custer, Nebraska, and died 06 Nov 1941 in , McPherson, Nebraska. He married (1) MARY ADELINE HARVEY MILLER. She was born 03 Jan 1889. He married (2) IVY MURELL MEEKER 1909. She was born 02 Aug 1893, and died 10 Jul 1926 in , McPherson, Nebraska. Notes for IVY MURELL MEEKER: Buried Berwyn Cemetery in Custer county, Nebraska
Children of LEWIS ALLEN and MARY MILLER are:
Children of LEWIS ALLEN and IVY MEEKER are:
7. RICHARD PARIS3 ALLEN (GEORGE WASHINGTON2, UNKNOWN1) was born 27 Aug 1886 in Custer County, Nebraska, and died 29 Dec 1964 in Custer County, Nebraska. He married (1) BERDINE GLASSIER. He married (2) BLACH BRODEN. He married (3) MRTLE EVANS 14 Jun 1917. She was born 27 Sep 1897, and died 21 Apr 1946.
Notes for RICHARD PARIS ALLEN: Family Histories, a book in Waco Bob Flebbe found in 1995 no title. The daughter of J.E. Evans and Alpha Zadia Hale Evans, Myrtle Mae and Richard all were married by Judge N. Dwight ? in Broken Bow, Nebraska on June 14, 1917. Ruby Bernice, ? Mae, Billie Richard, Jessie Mae are all children who joined this union. Richard Allen farmed in the Berwyn area most of his life. Several years were spent on the ? Rapp farm northeast of Berwyn. At age 48 years, on ? 21 1946, Myrtle Allen passed away. Richard Allen was 78 when he passed away Dec 29 1946. Interment for Mr. and Mrs. Allen was in the Janesville Cemetery. Dorothy passed away at the age of twelve, Billie married Dona Meyer, daughter of George Myers of Westville, Jessie married Glen Ward, son of Ray and Katheryn Ward of Berwyn. Nancy married Porter Chamberlin son of Mr. and Mrs. W. C. Chamberlin of Mason City, Ruby Bernice married Kenneth Floyde Loy.
Buried Janesville Cemetery Custer county, Nebraska https://sites.rootsweb.com/~necuste2/Cemeters/janesvll.htm
Children of RICHARD ALLEN and MRTLE EVANS are:
8. WALTER WILBUR3 ALLEN (GEORGE WASHINGTON2, UNKNOWN1) was born 02 Apr 1888 in Custer County, Nebraska, and died 02 Feb 1940 in Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska. He married LOIS ELLIS 29 Jun 1909 in Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska, daughter of ANTHONY ELLIS and SILVEY MORGAN. She was born 25 Jun 1890.
Notes for WALTER WILBUR ALLEN: Walter was a member of the Methodist Church and Lola the Baptist Church. They farmed near Walworth, Custer, Nebraska, then they moved to his mother's farm. He farmed it until it was sold in 1927.Buried Custer County, NE https://sites.rootsweb.com/~necuste2/Cemeters/janesvll.htm
Children of WALTER ALLEN and LOIS ELLIS are:
9. CHARLOTTE FRANCIS3 ALLEN (GEORGE WASHINGTON2, UNKNOWN1) was born 28 Feb 1892 in Berwyn, Custer, Nebraska, and died 07 Jan 1979 in Gillette, Campbell, Wyoming. She married (1) WALTER ERNEST EVANS 03 Sep 1910 in Berwyn, Custer, Nebraska, son of GEORGE EVANS and ADA HALE. He was born 08 Sep 1889 in Berwyn, Custer, Nebraska, and died 07 Jul 1939 in Paxton, Keith, Nebraska. She married (2) BENJAMIN MCCLARA Aft. 1917. She married (3) WILLIAM OLIVER Aft. 1918. Picture of Charlotte with her three daughters Notes for CHARLOTTE FRANCIS ALLEN: Buried Mount Pisgah 804 S Emerson Ave Cemetery in Gillette, Wyoming, 1900 census Custer County, Nebraska. with parents Notes for WALTER ERNEST EVANS: Buried Janesville Cemetery Custer county, Nebraska https://sites.rootsweb.com/~necuste2/Cemeters/janesvll.htm
Children of CHARLOTTE ALLEN and WALTER EVANS are:
10. FANNIE OKLA3 ALLEN (GEORGE WASHINGTON2, UNKNOWN1) was born 29 Oct 1894 in Enid, Garfield, Oklahoma, and died 24 Mar 1953 in Sheridan, Wyoming. She married GEORGE CLINTON "CLINT" DECKER 17 Oct 1912. He was born 01 Jun 1888 in , Comstock, Nebraska, and died 30 Mar 1976 in Pierre, South Dakota.
Children of FANNIE ALLEN and GEORGE DECKER are:
Generation No. 3
11. BILLY RICHARD4 ALLEN (RICHARD PARIS3, GEORGE WASHINGTON2, UNKNOWN1) was born 25 Oct 1927 in Ansley, Custer, Nebraska, and died 01 Jan 1986. He married DONA MEYER 1951. She was born 13 Dec 1931, and died Aft. 01 Jan 1986.
Notes for BILLY RICHARD ALLEN: He attended elementary school in Goose Valley. He was a 1846 graduate of Berwyn High School. Buried Janesville Cemetery Custer County, Nebraska. Lived for 12 yrs after he was married in Dunning where he managed the Mobil service station. In 1966 they moved to Alda, where he went to work for Presto-X. Later he was employed at hale Trailer Sales. He retired because of ill health. They moved to Grand Island in 1985. He was a member of Eagles Aerie No. 378 and the Platt-Deutsche Society.
Buried Janesville Cemetery Custer county, Nebraska https://sites.rootsweb.com/~necuste2/Cemeters/janesvll.htm
Children of BILLY ALLEN and DONA MEYER are:
12. VESSIE JUANETTE4 EVANS (CHARLOTTE FRANCIS3 ALLEN, GEORGE WASHINGTON2, UNKNOWN1) was born 20 Jan 1911 in Berwyn, Custer, Nebraska, and died 11 Jun 1946 in Sutherland, Lincoln, Nebraska (Source: Death-relayed by her son Robert Flebbe.). She married KENNETH RAY HORRELL FLEBBE 20 Jul 1930, son of JAMES HORRELL and EMMA WILSON. He was born 08 Feb 1908 in Roseville, Warren, Ill (Source: Broderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 1, Ed. 4, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Social Security Death Index, Surnames from A through L, Date of Import: 20 Jul 1996, Internal Ref. #188.8.131.52876.99), and died 30 Apr 1990 in Prescott Valley, Yavapai, Arizona.
Notes for KENNETH RAY HORRELL FLEBBE: Kenneth was born Kenneth Ray Horrell. His natural mother died 17 days after his birth. He was taken by her sister May Wilson Flebbe to Cairo, Hall, Nebraska. May had no children. It is said that James Artos never gave May permission to take Kenneth. Kenneth was listed in James will in 1920 as Kenneth Ray Horrell of Cairo, Hall, Nebraska. Kenneth died in Prescott Valley, Arizona. Cremated and buried in Berwyn, Custer, Nebraska
Children of VESSIE EVANS and KENNETH FLEBBE are:
13. FANNIE EVALE4 EVANS (CHARLOTTE FRANCIS3 ALLEN, GEORGE WASHINGTON2, UNKNOWN1) was born 09 Mar 1913 in Seneca, Thomas, Nebraska. She married GLENN JULIUS JONES 24 Nov 1933 in North Platte, Lincoln, Nebraska.
Children of FANNIE EVANS and GLENN JONES are:
14. CHARLOTTE PEARL4 EVANS (CHARLOTTE FRANCIS3 ALLEN, GEORGE WASHINGTON2, UNKNOWN1) was born 04 Aug 1917 in Berwyn, Custer, Nebraska, and died 30 Jan 1979 in Gillette, Campbell, Wyoming. She married JESS LOWS BOARDMAN 28 Sep 1935 in Sundance, Crook, Wy.
Children of CHARLOTTE EVANS and JESS BOARDMAN are:
15. JACK CLINT4 DECKER (FANNIE OKLA3 ALLEN, GEORGE WASHINGTON2, UNKNOWN1) was born 18 Dec 1915 in , Custer, Nebraska, and died 1977 in Pierre, South Dakota. He married (1) MAZINE FRANCES BELL. She was born 15 Feb 1932 in , Franklin, North Carolina. He married (2) FRANCES CLEO RODMAN 09 Jun 1935 in Greybull, Big Horn, Wyoming, daughter of SHANNON RODMAN and DENA UNKNOWN. She died 06 Feb 1967 in Cleveland, Tennessee. Notes for JACK CLINT DECKER: Buried in Cleveland, TN
Child of JACK DECKER and FRANCES RODMAN is:
16. JIMMY HIRAM4 DECKER (FANNIE OKLA3 ALLEN, GEORGE WASHINGTON2, UNKNOWN1) was born 30 Oct 1922 in Maysdorf, , Wyoming. He married RUTH FRANCES NORRIS 07 Feb 1943 in Greybull, Big Horn, Wyoming, daughter of ABRAHAM NORRIS and MARY COCKRAN. She was born 19 Nov 1920 in Omaha, Nebraska.
Children of JIMMY DECKER and RUTH NORRIS are:
You are visitor number since 31 Jan 2000