Prince of Wales

" Prince of Wales "

"NOTE" If their name is highlighted in blue, click on it, this marine has their own page

Back to Surnames of the Royal Marines who stayed

The Prince of Wales was a First Fleet transport ship of 333 tons, built on the River Thames in 1786. She left Portsmouth on 13 May 1787, carrying one male and forty-nine female convicts, and arrived at Port Jackson, Sydney, Australia, on 26 January 1788. She left Port Jackson on 14 August 1788, and arrived back in London, via Rio de Janeiro, on 30 April 1789. The master was John Mason, who died of scurvy on the return voyage. The Prince of Wales was used in England until 1797 and then its registration was signed over to Fort Royal at Martinique.

Above information and Hyper links are from Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia

Ships Crew , Officials

Marines and family on board


E- mail address
Copyright B & M Chapman (QLD) Australia
Last revised: March 05, 2007.