Asa Langford was the first post master when the CovePost Office was established 23 February, 1876, in his store in Langford
Cove. Mail was delivered by James M. Tanner once each week to
the Cove Post Office which was on the route from Lampasas to
Hamilton. The name of the post office was changed from Cove
to Evant on 29 January, 1885. Andrew J. Hunter was the first
post master in Evant. About 1980 a new post office was built in Evant.