SARDIS PRIMITIVE BAPTIST CHURCH
Sardis Primitive Baptist Church was constituted 10
June, 1876, about one and a half miles north of Evant near Murphree
Cemetery in the home of Samuel M and Phebe (Nations) Murphree.
members were W. M. West, M. W. Dumas, R. Burks. Samuel M. Murphree, F.
B. Brown, A. Burks, Elizabeth West, Nancy Dumas, R. N. Jeffries, B. E.
Lee, W. R. Chambers, J. B. Dumas, J. C. Caudle, Jasper Chambers, Pheba
Murphree, Susan Brown, Polly Ann Dumas, Rebecca Lee, Rebecca Jeffrey,
Margaret H. Lee, and Elizabeth Dumas. Later this church was relocated
to Little Cowhouse Creek, Blue
Ridge, Partridge Creek and finally Hamilton.