CHILDREN OF MARY SMITH AND SAMUEL ALLISON
On Pg. 8 of Samuel Stelle Smith's book he states that Mary SMITH and Samuel ALLISON had one daughter. That is incorrect! They had 5 children that reached adulthood. Others I am not sure of.
1) Sarah ALLISON b. Sept. 3, 1776 married James VANDERPOOL (this info is correct)
2. Mary (Polly) ALLISON b. 1778 d. July 17, 1851 (buried Walnut Grove Baptist Cemetery, Randolph, Morris Co., NJ), married Henry NIXON on June 14, 1800 in Morris Co., NJ. Henry was b. 1775 in Essex Co, NJ. He died October 26, 1857 in Randolph. (Buried Walnut Grove) He was the son of THOMAS NIXON, b. 1743 d. Dec. 30, 1827, in Randolph, NJ., and Sarah HAYNES. They married March 1,1775 in New Providence, NJ
a. Smith A. NIXON b. abt. 1801 d. before 1899 Rexville, Stueben Co., NY.
b. Mary NIXON b. abt. 1804, married AMZI AXTELL on April 3,1830
c. Samuel V. NIXON b. 1807 married Mary POOL on June 28, 1848 in Morris Co., NJ d. May 18, 1873 in Morris Co., NJ
d. Henry Haines (HAYNES) NIXON b. April 20, 1809 in Essex Co., NJ., married Elizabeth M. ARNOLD on May 31, 1842 in Morristown, Morris Co., NJ. Elizabeth b. April 3, 1817, Morris Co, NJ, d. March 1865 Morris Co., NJ. She was the daughter of COLONEL JACOB ARNOLD and SARAH NIXON.
e. James V. NIXON b. 1811 d. Jan 8, 1886 Randolph, Morris Co., NJ. Married Temperance HAYNES (Hinds) buried Walnut Grove Baptist Cemetery, Randolph, Morris Co., NJ.
3. Rebecca ALLISON b. Sept. 30, 1783 d. Oct. 11, 1848 married Jonathan H. NIXON, son on Thomas NIXON and Sarah HAYNES (see above). Rebecca & Jonathan buried in Morristown, Morris Co., NJ.
4. Catherine ALLISON b. ? Married Joseph BOWER. They lived in Morristown in 1823 and probably buried there.
5. Smith A. ALLISON b. 1791 d. May 20, 1856 in Randolph, Morris Co., NJ (death certificate states he was single).
1. Deed Dated March 7, 1823 conveys land from Henry NIXON; Polly, his wife of Chatham Joseph BOWER and Catherine, his wife of Morristown Jonathan NIXON and Rebecca, his wife of Morristown James VANDERPOOL and Sarah, his wife of Newark to: Smith ALLISON of Springfield, Essex Co, NJ. Deed states that: "Polly, Catherine, Rebecca and Sarah are the daughters and heiresses of Samuel ALLISON, late of Springfield in County of Essex, NJ." Price paid: $700.00 for land in Short Hills, Springfield Twp. Land which "Samuel ALLISON purchased from Ezra BALDWIN and his wife, Abigail, by deed dated Aug. 13(?) 1806. Land near Joseph EDWARDS, James WOODS, Stephen Bedfords SMITH, and Jonathan LITTELL, approx. 32 acres".
2. Deed dated Dec. 1, 1824 between Joseph BOWER & Caty his wife Jonathan NIXON & Rebecca, his wife, James Vanderpool & Sally, his wife. Deed states "Caty and Sally co heiresses of Samuel ALLISON, late of Springfield" (DONíT KNOW why REBECCA was not listed -- I think just an oversight). Property sold to Henry NIXON of Morris Co., for $170.00. Property in "Township of Springfield, Essex Co." Land near William SMITH (who is he????), Henry little, John Heir, Samuel ALLEN, William BROWER (related to Joseph???), and CALEB SMITH (who is he?????). "Being the same property the said Henry NIXON and Samuel ALLISON purchased of WILLIAM SMITH, SARAH SMITH, SAMUEL ALLEN, HANNAH ALLEN, WILLIAM BROWN, SARAH BROWN, CALEB SMITH and RHODE SMITH by deed dated Feb. 21, 1801, approximately 30 acres.
10 Apr 2000