CANNEY CANNY KEENEY KENNA KENNEY KENNY
KINNE KINNEY KINNIE KINNY
McKENNA McKENNEY McKINNEY
& Other Variations
DNA SURNAME LINES
The below information was provided by the participant or his representative and may contain errors.
Presentations vary depending on the information provided.
Family Group 15
Daniel Kenny, 1742, Charlestown, Chester Co., PA
Descends from the family of Daniel Kenny, b. 1742, Charlestown, Chester Co., Pennsylvania. A family of Quakers who eventually migrated to Ohio in the early 1800's. Information suggests that one of Daniel's antecedents may have been born in England. The will of James Kenny of Chester Co., Pa. states that he is a "Kinsman" to Daniel and IGI records indicate that James was born 1733 in England.
1. Daniel Kenny, born Charlestown, Chester Co., PA, 1742 (IGI record); died July, 1801, Chester Co., PA
2. George Kenney, born abt. 1760, Chester Co., died after 1830; Malaga, Monroe Co., Ohio.
3. George Kenney, born 1799, Delaware; died after 1850 Wayne Twp., Monroe Co., Ohio.
4. Alfred Kenney, born 1847 Wayne Twp., Monroe Co., Ohio; died 1904 Wayne Twp., Monroe, Ohio.
5. James William Kenney, born 1872 Wayne Twp., Monroe, Ohio; died 1933 Powhatan Point, Belmont, Ohio.
6. Acel Lee Kenney, born 1897 Monroe Co., Ohio; died 1949 Amarillo, Texas.
7. Robert Harold Kenney, born 1923 Woodlands, Marshall Co., West Virginia; Died 1992 Powhatan Point, Belmont, Ohio.
8. PARTICIPANT # 17137
Note: James Kenny not listed. IGI records indicate that kinsman, James Kenny, was born 1733 England. I am not sure of the exact relationship for the term 'kinsman" implies only that they are related to some degree. The term "of the 500 tract" may relate to the Welsh Barony/Tract, a portion of land set aside by William Penn for Welsh Quakers.Kenny, James "of the 500 tract".
The above information was provided by the participant or his representative and may contain errors.