CANNEY CANNY KEENEY KENNA KENNEY KENNY
KINNE KINNEY KINNIE KINNY
McKENNA McKENNEY McKINNEY
& Other Variations
DNA SURNAME LINES
The below information was provided by the participant or his representative and may contain errors.
Presentations vary depending on the information provided.
Mordecai McKinney c1685 Scotland - 1760 NJ
(son of John Cullen McKinney)
DNA results place participant in FamilyGroup 12
See Group 12 Worksheet
1) John Cullen McKinney (Sco) m. Mary Elizabeth McDonald [not proved]
2) Mordecai McKinney (c 1685 Sco -1760 NJ) m. Marietj (Mary) Sebring
3) Daniel McKinney (1717 NJ - 1809) m. Margaret Coffey
4) James Collin McKinney (1735 - 1811) m. Rebecca Tuttle
5) James Logan McKinney (1778 - 1845) m. Anna Crow
6) William VanHook McKinney (1813 KY - 1897 IN) m. Mary Ann (Polly) Cooper
7) Asa McKinney (1837 IN - 1917 IN) m. Lydia Ann Thurman
8) Harvey Judson McKinney (1870 IN - 1960 IN) m. Clara Z Power
9) Giles P. McKinney (1898 IN - 1972 IN) m. Zelda Evans
10) Participant 28049
The family researcher is the participant's wife. She reports that this branch came from Somerset NJ (Rev. War land grant) and got land in Pulaski County, KY. Then to McKinney Station, KY (Northern part in then-Lincoln County KY). From there in 1830 William VanHook McKinney came to Rush County, IN, then in 1835 to Clinton County, Indiana.
The above information was provided by the participant or his representative and may contain errors.
Posted Dec 17 2005
[McKinney] Collin/Pulaski Ky
by Marie McKinney - Source not cited
Collin McKinney Will March 23, 1811 Pulaski Ky.
Daus- Katherine McKinney and Margaret Van Hook
Sons - George, William, James, Archibald, John
Also dau Mary Burke
Exec- Williiam McKinney and William Van Hook