CASPER4 CREAGER, s/o Johann Christian3 CREAGER and Anna Mary ABOLINA, was born abt. 1763 in Frederick County, Maryland. He married 2 April 1809 to Anna Barbara SCHMIDT/SMITH, dau/o Adam SCHMIDT/SMITH. They like many of this CREAGER family line were members of the Evangelical Lutheran Church.
"The following is from meticulously handwritten notes [p. 19 of notes: "Caspar Creager"] researched by a person who has since died, and I have received them through a CREEGER relative who somehow, luckily, came into possession of copies of the 167 pages.
The following is a verbatim rendition, but don't be afraid to contact me if you suspect a typo on my part or to double check a date or other data that conflicts with yours. I have already noticed a date that is one month different from what you have." Cheryl Creeger
Warren County, Ohio
Gasper (sic) Ceager(sic)
Warren County, Ohio
Gasper (sic) Creager
Warren County, Ohio
Gasper (sic) Creger (sic)
Warren County Ohio Records, Vol. 31, Page 152, Character QC"
Mary Lou Marshall
Know all men by the presents, that we Christian William Creager and Susan his wife, Solomon Creager and Eliza his wife, David Creager and Catherine his wife, Daniel Creager, and Robert W. Martin and Mary Ann Martin his wife (heirs of the late Caspar Creager deceased) of the County of Warren and State of Ohio, for and in consideration of the sum of Six thousand Seven hundred and fifty Dollars in hand paid by Joseph A. Brown of the County and State aforesaid the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged do hereby bargain, revise, release and forever quit claim with the said Joseph A. Brown his heirs and assign forever all our title, interest and estate, legal and equitable, in the following premises situated in the Township of Franklin, County of Warren, State of Ohio, and bounded and described as follows, towit. On hundred and fifty Acres of land on the East side of the South West quarter of Section Number twenty Six, Township two, Range 5 between the Miami Rivers, Together with all the improvements and appurtenances therewith belonging, To Have and To Hold the same to the said Joseph A. Brown his heirs and assigns forever. In Testimony Whereof we the said heirs above named have herewith set our hands and seals this Twentieth day of March eighteen hundred and forty nine as Signed, Sealed and acknowledged
The State of Ohio
[Note: These children are not found in the above sale of Casper's land: Adam, Ezra, John, & Sophia, and thus apparently deceased. ASH]
- Adam Creager b 1809 Frederick Co., Maryland. Indicated in family records as the oldest, but no vital record given to validate his birth or death. Apparently deceased by 1820 U.S. Federal Census.
- Solomon Creager b 1810 Maryland; m 1845 Warren Co., OH to Eliza Ann Austin. Apparently later divorced as divorce appears in Warren Co., OH Records. Nothing more is known of Solomon.
- Christian William Creager b 1812 Maryland; m 1841 Montgomery Co., OH to Susan Dolan; d 1892 Montgomery Co., OH
- Ezra Creager said born abt. 1816 in Warren Co., OH, but no vital record given to validate his birth and date.
- David Creager b 1816 Warren Co., OH; m 1848 Warren Co., OH to Catherine WAGGONER; d 1868 Darke Co., OH [See: GREGG-CREAGER FAMILY]
- John Creager said born abt. 1820 in Warren Co., OH, but no vital record given to validate his birth and date.
- Sophia Creager said born abt. 1822 in Warren Co., OH, but no vital record given to validate her birth and date.
- Daniel Creager b abt. 1824, m Agnes Jackson 1855 Warren Co., OH. Nothing more is known of this couple.
- Mary Ann Creager b ca 1825 Warren Co., OH; m 1846 Warren Co., OH to Robert W. Martin. Nothing more is known of this couple.
Webpage by: Audrey (Shields) Hancock of Portage, MI
Created: 15 July 2003 Revised: 23 January 2007
Tiny URL: http://tinyurl.com/y8sk6l