CRAGER, CREAGOR, CREEGER, CREIGHER, CREGAN,
CREGAR, CREGER, CREGGAR, CRIGER, CRUGAR
and even CREGAR & RIKER from REGER
KRÜGER, KRËGER, KRUEGER, KRÖGER, KROEGER
CREAGER-KRIEGER FAMILY HOMEPAGE
INDEX to ADDITIONS and CORRECTIONS
Notes on the Two Krieger (Creger, Cregger, Crigger, etc.) Families of Wythe County, Virginia
(First number after name is the page number of the revision, the second number is the page number in the main book where the revision should be located.)
Index created 2000 by Tim CREGER
7 May 2001
Information concerning the booklet:
Notes on the Two Krieger (Creger, Cregger, Crigger, etc.) Families
of Wythe County, Virginia.
The original book is a limited published and printed loose leaf paperback by Mr. Canfield. The book focuses on the two larger lines of KRIEGERs who immigrated from Germany in the early 1700s.
Mr. Canfield describes relationships between those two families based upon nearly ten years of research with visits to local destinations to read original documents. He calls them the Elk Pond, VA, Michael Krieger family, and the Pine Ridge, VA, Michael Krieger family. He cites a considerable amount of documentation he found related to the name Michael Krieger, and speculates how they might have been related since they both immigrated to southwestern Virginia in the mid- to late-1700's.
In one of his later revisions, he cites some additional information he
found that supports his conclusions. One major Krieger family that he
did not research was the Laurence Krieger family that settled in the
Thurmont, MD area. There are at least two other researchers who have
looked into this line.
The book can be found at some public and genealogical libraries in southwestern Virginia. His revisions were made only when he had time and when updated information was shared by others. There are eleven additions at the end of the current version, and the index by Tim Creger will help in locating individuals within the revisions.
He has written a number of other books, and it might be of
interest to others viewing this index to know what else he has
Mr. Clifford R. Canfield
4535 Trieste Drive
Carlsbad, California 92008
- Canfield, Clifford, The Descendants of Joseph Samson Hounshell and Mandana Hedrick,
published 1955, 74 pages.
- Canfield, Clifford, Our Canfield Ancestors and some Related Families, published 1956, 131 pages.
- Canfield, Clifford, The Copenhaver Family of Wythe County, VA, published 1958, 299 pages.
- Canfield, Clifford, The Rosenbaum-Rosenbalm Family of Southwest Virginia, published 1963, 726 pages.
- Canfield, Clifford, The Hounshell Family of Southwest Virginia, published 1973, 531 pages.
- Canfield, Clifford, The Descendants of Peter Van Clief and Mary Ann Dorsey, published 1981, 247 pages.
- Canfield, Clifford, A Brief History of the Oceanside-Carlsbad Los Flores Church of the Nazarene, published 1987, 93 pages.
- Canfield, Clifford, My German Ancestors I (Brandstetter, Daude, Lambert, Messersmith, and Allied Families), published 1987, 93 pages.
- Canfield, Clifford, My German (Swiss) Ancestors II (Neff, Kopp, Frey and Allied Families), published 1988, 130 pages.
EXCERPTED PERMISSION NOTE TO TIM FROM CLIFF
5 May 2001
Thanks for your letter and all your hard work. Yes, you may post the index.
Perhaps you know about this but have you heard that someone said that the wife of Michael Creger Jr. (d. 1832) in Wythe Co., VA was Mary Walters???
The index by Tim Creger is a compilation of names found in each revision. An attempt was made to be as accurate and precise as possible in representing the given names and surnames found in Mr. Canfield's publications. In genealogical sources this is considered to be a secondary resource and thus the reliability of information presented is not guaranteed. Original documents are considered to be primary resources. It is always advisable to do a thorough examination of genealogical material for your family history. Mr. Canfield provided his permission for posting the index to the website. [ASH]
Webpage by: Audrey (Shields) Hancock of Portage, Michigan
Created: 07 May 2001
Revised: 23 Sep 2013