Does anyone have a Noah Green b. 1818/1820/1822 in Franklin, Kentucky.
He was married to Permelia DUKES/DUKTES on Aug 18, 1840 in Hamilton Co.
Illnoins by Samuel P. Martin. Noah was a farmer in Decatur county,
Iowa. He joined the military 24 Nov. 1862 (39th Iowa Vol. Infantry
Company K. ) He was killed July 12, 1863 while on picket duty by a gun
in the hand of a comrad who mistook him for the enemy. He is buried
in the Corinth Nathianal Cemetery, Cornith, Mississippi. Permelia
was b. Jan 11, 1822 d. Oct. 22, 1909 bur. Funkstown/Oakhill
Cemetery next to her son William Riley Green.
He and his wife, Permila had 9 children:
1.Nancy Jane Green b. Oct. 5, 1842 d. bef. 1850
2. William Riley Green b. Sept. 15, 1843 Hamiltion Co. Illinois. d. Mar 3, 1917 m.Elizabeth SWITSER
3. John Wesley Green b. Mar 12, 1848 Mahaska Co. IA d. Aug 12, 1865
4. Perry Commodore Green b. Nov. 4, 1852 Osceloosa Twp., Mahaska Co. IA d. Aug. 9, 1921 in Decatur County, IA. m. Hannah Jane MARTIN. (These are my gggrandparents)
5. Emma Green b. Mar 5, 1855 Richland Twp. Decatur County, IA d. Apr 11, 1896 in Thayer, IA m. James T. Smith
6. Henrietta Green b. abt 1859 d. Feb 1862 bur. Oakhill Cemetery.
7. Louis Asbery Green b. OCt 15, 1859 Richland Twp. Decatur County, IA d. 1929 Decatur, IA. m 5/10/1880 to Nancy HENDRICKSON.
8. George Melvin Green b. Apr. 7, 1862 Richland Twp. Decatur County, IA d. 1932
9. Sylvester Green b. about May 25, 1869 d. Feb 23, 1870 Grand River, IA (Grave in OakHill Cemetery says he died Feb 23, 1870 and was 8m 8d )
I have more on the grandchildren of Noah and Permila if anyone connects with my tree. And I am happy to trade any and all information I have with my 'new' cousins out there.
I have been told that Noah's parent's were Henry Green and Mary Unknown,
and I have seen a census with a husband named Henry, and a wife named Mary
that had the following children :
1. William Riley Green b. 1804 d. Dec. 25, 1881 (m. Mary "Polly" White.)
2. Elizabeth Green
3. Nancy Green
4. Mary "Fanny" Green b. 1817 Green Co., Ky
5. Noah Green b. 1820
So, this could be his parents/sibblings.
On two seperate census (10 years apart) for Noah and his children, I find his age to be off 2 years off, so I dont' have an exact birthdate. (I don't know if he told them the wrong age at one time, or what, but the children/wife match up with the location). And he is buried several states away from me, so I haven't had the chance to check it out. I do have a typed copy of the letter that Permelia recieved when she found out that Noah was killed on picket duty, if anyone connects, and is interested.